doooo itttt!!!

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
just wondering did you ever do it?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #18 of 37 Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Sorry I forgot to update this. I was really hoping he would call me this spring and take my offer, but he decided to keep it and put more work into it.

I've been looking for an Sti for about six months now. I need more speed, and since I only have one garage spot it's probably for the best. I'm not ready to have the wrx sit outside.

I'm headed to a wedding in July near where he lives, so I think ill go see it and get a ride.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #19 of 37 Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
OK, time for an update. I didn't end up buying my original car back b/c he wanted too much money, but I stumbled across this car locally and just picked it up. Sorry for the crummy cell phone pictures, but I plan on cleaning it up this weekend and taking some real pictures.

It's a 91 LX 5.0 in mint condition with 84k on it. It's got a 70mm turbo kit on it. It's insane fast and it totally scared the crap out of me when the owner got on it. It's really been put together well and it was a lot cheaper than my old original car.

I can't think of a better combination than a fox body mustang and a giant turbo.
Attached Images

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #20 of 37 Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
that downpipe is mighty close to the cold charge pipe, other than that it's a nice looking ride whats the mod list?

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #21 of 37 Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I'm still kind of figuring that out. The owner is still working on getting all the paper work together.

B&G 70mm Turbo Kit
Massive fuel system with 42 lb injectors
Piggyback computer system set at 8psi
Trick Flow Intake and spacer
75mm Throttle body
Mishimoto Radiator with electric fans
Stock Internals and cam, but the 87-92 motors were fully forged. 93 they switched to cast pistons
Stage 4 HD clutch
Full Spool Moser rear end with 31 spline axles

I might have to wrap that downpipe, but honestly I'm just using it to cruise to car shows with my 18 month old twin boys. It's going to live an easy life in the garage most of the time. It needs a pro-tune which I'll do soon in which I think I'll back it down to 6psi to make it a little safer. This thing was fighting for traction at 90.

I'll post more details as I get them.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #22 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

In passing I had an 89 GT, but from what I remember about the 5.0 even with the forged motors the rods like to give way at around 450rwhp, and before the tune I would ditch that stock cam ASAP it really stops making power after 4000

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #23 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 06:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

denizen is an unknown
If you can affordit get it back. The foxbodies are the best and to top it off it is a lx correct.
we both come from a stang background so a little bias. I would say that 15 is the the top end of that car no matter what you do to it. I would see if you could get it for a little less. I have been looking online for a foxbody that i can tinker on as i really miss the stangs. It is definetely a nice car and nothing wrong with getting it back if you can.
post #24 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
In passing I had an 89 GT, but from what I remember about the 5.0 even with the forged motors the rods like to give way at around 450rwhp, and before the tune I would ditch that stock cam ASAP it really stops making power after 4000
I doubt I'll break it driving it a few hundred miles a year, but if I do I'll put a DSS built motor in it like I did with my old car. I kind of like the stock cam b/c it idles like a stock car. I ran an E303 in my old motor and it would shake and thump all over the place. It made the idle hunt up and down sometimes. Also, with that big of cam I used to lose vacuum when going hard on the brakes and sometimes it will stall. So I think the stock cam will be OK for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizen View Post
If you can affordit get it back. The foxbodies are the best and to top it off it is a lx correct.
we both come from a stang background so a little bias. I would say that 15 is the the top end of that car no matter what you do to it. I would see if you could get it for a little less. I have been looking online for a foxbody that i can tinker on as i really miss the stangs. It is definetely a nice car and nothing wrong with getting it back if you can.
Check out the couple of posts above. I didn't get my actual car back b/c 15k was too much for me. But I got nearly the identical car and set-up locally at half the price. I couldn't pass it up. I've been looking for fox bodies for about 2 years and I couldn't pass up one this clean. You can eat off the floor boards and it's never been cut up or crashed. That's very hard to find these days.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #25 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
Awesome car dude! I must say I am pretty jealous. The foxbody 5.0's are amazing. I had a 93' 2.3L and a 84' 5.0 before.

Mike
post #26 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I likes the old SVO's... They're so..... Sleeper

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #27 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

denizen is an unknown
Yeah, just looked at those post's. Very nice.
post #28 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I hate the look of the foxes, but you seriously cant beat them sometimes, lol. I have started searching half heartedly for one also as another tinker toy. Congrats on find man. Im sure its great to just cruise around in.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #29 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I've actually only driven it home so far. :-)

I plan to drive it to work on Friday and then take it to a local Muscle Car cruise night. The weather is supposed to be real nice so I'm sure it will be a good turnout. Sometimes there are 300-400 cars.

There is another great cruise on the first Saturday of every month a few miles from here. It's mostly high end exotics but several Subaru's and Mustangs show up since it's open to everyone. And when I say high end, I mean high end. There was a Ferrari 599 GTO and Murcielago SV last time. My twins love pointing out the brightly colored Lamborghini's there.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #30 of 37 Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Snapped a couple of pictures while I was washing it the other day. I drove it all day Friday about 50 mile total and it ran great. I drove it to work, out to lunch, and took my twins to a local car show. It used a half a tank of gas, but it ran perfectly. I hit 8psi once and opened up the external wastegate. This thing is loud and fast.

Here is both cars. Yes, I really like black on black cars. :-)

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement