Scoob noob. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-29-2011, 08:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I am not sure if it puts out a little more power or if its just the placebo effect. It does however have adjustments for low-mid-high. Where the stocker in my car only had low-high adjustments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
SOME Suby folk are snooty/snobby.. They are fun to mess with, take Turmic (Kirt) for example.... He refuses to buy an Fumoto oil drain valve to make his life easier ($28) and added insurance on a $10K engine build.... This is the kinda stuff that makes you go.... hmmmmmm

LULZ

On a side note, how did it make the sound better?
..and there it is...!Laugh!!Laugh!!Laugh!

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#18 Old 12-29-2011, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh the Hmmmmmmmm ??

LOLOLOL

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 12-29-2011, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown

This is as close as I could get haha
#20 Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
As you can see we are a friendly bunch here and do enjoy some laughs at others expense, but nothing brutal like certain other sites...
Oh and this one is slightly better suited...lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#21 Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
Good to know, Im more of a lurker than anything. Pretty much any question I have had has been answered about 50 times somewhere it seems.
#22 Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, but you never know if there might be something that we might catch that could be different...Trust me on that. I have been working on cars for 30+years and I have seen things that I still can't answer.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#23 Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I had forgotten how hilarious that video is. I had also forgot how big of a deal that caning of that guy in singapore was . Ive been selling parts for the last 8 years and some of the crap I hear never ceases to amaze me. What's also surprising is some of the stuff I see the "Professional's" doing
#24 Old 12-29-2011, 04:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

The biggest puzzle I have ever seen. I had a friend with a 1996 Dodge Shadow with the V6 in it. He called me one day and had me come over and take a look at it, said it was smoking really bad. I get there we take the car around his block and it smoked real bad the entire time, but ran fine. He ask me what I thought it was and I told him I wasn't sure. Then he popped the hood to show me that he had pulled all the plug wires off, before we took it for a drive and it was still running... Again I have seen all kinds of crazy things and don't get me started on those damn German cars and there stupid electrical issues...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#25 Old 12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I wonder what compels someone to start the car and say "I wonder if it would still run with all the wires off" haha. Maybe it had a crap ton of carbon on the pistons and just dieseled along lol. European cars have always pretty much been greek to me, yet again I have never really messed with any of them. Except that one damn jaguar at the first shop I worked at....
#26 Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Depending on what year it was I could name the issues with the Jag....lol That's sad. Well he was doing a test to see if it was just a bad cylinder and when he pulled one plug wire off and it didn't change how the car ran he started to wonder. To this day we still haven't figured it out. He sold the car and the guy the bought it dropped a new motor in it.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#27 Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
SOME Suby folk are snooty/snobby.. They are fun to mess with, take Turmic (Kirt) for example.... He refuses to buy an Fumoto oil drain valve to make his life easier ($28) and added insurance on a $10K engine build.... This is the kinda stuff that makes you go.... hmmmmmm

LULZ

On a side note, how did it make the sound better?
You have to excuse paul's misplaced humor. Someone that likes to talk smack when he blew up his 5 spd gears and then bought a STI to have it totaled by a boulder.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#28 Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I keep hearing about this boulder incident, whats the story behind it?
#29 Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
LOL. You know I'm just playin Kirt. It's a very short story. All in all, stay away from Bridgestone tires (all of em except the 760's and that's only if you have NO other choice).

Had my STi tuned and 2 weeks later I plowed into a boulder trying to get the rear end to catch, and when it did.... It was aimed at a boulder on the side of the road. I still miss that car.

The gears? Are a pile of dung in the older wrx's. Never launched only auto-x'd for a couple years. Put a sour taste in my mouth. Search, you will find.

All in all, I've had a drain valve help me out on my oil changes for quite some time like several others on the forum.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#30 Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
LOL, Thanks for the clarification, sorry about your car. I do any crazy launches or anything and try my best to rev match downshifts and such. I don't wanna hear any more clunks when I do it wrong.