Scoob noob. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
Talking Scoob noob.

Wanted to check in, been lurking here since this afternoon.

Name is Chris, just bought my first Subaru, a 2006 WRB WRX TR with 70000 miles on the clock in mid November. I have lusted after a WRX since before they were avaliable in the US.
Long story shot in my readings today you all seem much more noob friendly than nasioc, they can be pretty harsh and condescending. There is loads of tech info and info in general on nasioc but I just don't dig the attitude.

Only "mod" on the car is an SPT cat back. Previous owner was an older guy and took extremely good care of the car, I got passed the torch and plan on doing the same.

Just ordered a kartboy shifter, perrin ft bushing and a rr bushing for the shifter. When I can save some dough I am gonna go cobb stage 2 some light suspension mods and call it a day (Or so I think)

Anyways, seems like a cool place and I am in complete LOVE with my new to me car!
Pics or didn't happen right ?

Pardon if this is long winded or in the wrong section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Nice looking ride. Welcome to the site. Most of the people here are friendly and pretty much will answer your questions if you have any. A Stg.2 that won't last long...lol

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
Thanks, I cant go too crazy with it being it's my DD as well. Dads gotta get to work and the kids gotta get to school lol. I have had some quick cars in the past but this thing is just so much damn fun! I have suffered through a cavalier the last 6 years, it was time for me to get something fun again that I actually wanted.
#4 Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ewwwww... Guess I really shouldn't say anything bad about the Cavi, I myself drive a 1991 Ford Festiva as a daily due to transmission issues with my WRX currently...Mine is my DD for the most part, but is pretty far from being stock. It's true they are very fun to drive and to be honest, mine started out as a daily driver that I didn't want to mod very much. I've owned this car for 8 years now(original owner) and have never looked back at it being a bad purchase in anyway. I doubt I will ever get rid of it personally.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
The sad thing is I have already considered buying a little crap box for a back up car. I usually have a back up car anyways. It's funny you mention that about your tranny, just got through reading the whole thread about man show's saga with his trans and you saying you have not had any problems with yours yet lol.
#6 Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah we were all running bets as to how long it would last. Considering what I am running and what the stock transmissions are know for not being able to handle it comes as a surprise that it lasted as long as it did. I still say it's just a bent shift fork, but I haven't had time to get the thing apart yet...I won't worry to much though, if you drive like you have some sense you should be okay.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
For your sake I hope its that bent fork haha. I try not to be hard on mine, I will admit it took me a few weeks to get used to the "charachter" of the wrx tranny, pretty much got it down at this point though I think. It is the noisiest car I think I may have ever owned though.
#8 Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
My first Subie was a 06 WRB WRX TR as well. I had everything modded short of a turbo upgrade and I still daily drove it. It's easier to commute when you enjoy driving. And my kids liked my "fast" car.

Mike
#9 Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I look forward to driving it for sure, I have even been the designated driver a few weekends just to drive it lol. My kids absolutely love the car, my 4 year old daughter is my boost gauge . Just listen to for her to start going wheeeeee when getting on the freeway.
#10 Old 12-28-2011, 09:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
nice and clean man.......welcome, and feel free to ask us anything

.................................CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#11 Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Welcome to the club man. Very nice looking car. Im kind of on the side of Keith as far as tranny strength goes. Mine lasted 18k+ miles with a 20G turbo on it. Only upgraded cause I went on a 12month vacation to Iraq. I did have a "cracked" 3rd gear, but was still in tact. Regardless, treat it right, and you know, it will treat you right. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Your car looks great! Welcome to the club!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#13 Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-pee View Post
My kids absolutely love the car, my 4 year old daughter is my boost gauge . Just listen to for her to start going wheeeeee when getting on the freeway.
This alone makes the car worth every penny. My kids are the same way. Well, one of them. haha

Welcome to the best group of ppl on the net.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#14 Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chris-pee is an unknown
I have noticed subaru people are very friendly, I have already met one. Bought a factory 6 disc changer from a member on nasioc who had a gorgeous STi.

Then I went from this

To this, looks and sounds much better!

#15 Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
SOME Suby folk are snooty/snobby.. They are fun to mess with, take Turmic (Kirt) for example.... He refuses to buy an Fumoto oil drain valve to make his life easier ($28) and added insurance on a $10K engine build.... This is the kinda stuff that makes you go.... hmmmmmm

LULZ

On a side note, how did it make the sound better?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3