Rally America and Global RallyCross news.. - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 58 Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Well, that would've had to be last year. Because the global Rally Cross is only in it's second year. Last year Mirra was taking too many chances. But, a majority of the time he is a good compeitior. Just Ford is miles ahead of Subaru in experience at Rally Cross and its hard to keep up with Gronholm and Foust. It should be fun to see Pastrana and Ken Block mixing it up in Rally Cross as well. I know Ken will be driving his fiesta and I'm hoping that Pastrana is piloting a 2nd Subie. Like I said...Ford is stacked. Deegan, Foust, Gronholm, and they just recruited the 20 yr old Finish Rally Cross Champion Toomas Heikkinen.

Higgins meanwhile is a proven rally driver and which rally america event are you going to WRXCruising? I'm going to the Wellsboro event in PA.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ok, I've slacked yet again on this thread. The Rally America National series returns this weekend (May 4th-6th) at the Oregon Trail Rally. They're reusing the roads that they last used in 2007. Other news that I've been too lazy to post about is another international team has joined in the Rally America series.

Summit Rally Team from Australia and get this. They will be rallying Nissian Silvas...yes silvas.

All photos courtesy of their website. Summit Rally Team

Global Rally Cross will start on my Birthday of all things May 26th at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

There are tons of updates on their website Global RallyCross | 2012 Season

Including the fact that Travis Pastrana will be running a Dodge dart. Under his own brand and co-sponsered by discount tire.

I hope that keeps you guys updated.

Edit: Remember to set your DVRs on ESPN or ESPN 2 for the global rally cross races. They were confirmed to be all televised live this year on ESPN.

2nd Edit: I just learned that Speed Network is carrying the WRC series again. They're showing the argentina rally tonight on speed at 11 PM (EST). I'm not sure when the regular airings will be. This is a encore presentation.

Kirt

Last edited by turmic; 04-29-2012 at 07:51 PM.
post #33 of 58 Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thanks to my facebook. I'm actually on time with these updates. Check out some Subaru Rally Cross updates below.

Kirt
post #34 of 58 Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

David Higgins wins 4th Oregon Trail Rally

David took overall win and open class win. "Crazy leo" Leonid Urlichlich finished 2nd Overall and Adam Yeoman took 3rd Overall for a Subaru podium sweep. Higgins driving a 2012 STI, Leo driving a 2007 STI, and Yeoman driving a 2002 WRX.

Super production results were: David Sterckx in his 2011 STI taking first place, Dave Henderson in his 2004 WRX taking 2nd place, and Chris O’Driscoll taking the 3rd place class finish in his 2007 WRX.

The 2WD results were: 1st place class victory was Will Orders in his 1989 Nissan Silva, 2nd place was Andrew Comrie-Picard in his 2011 Scion XD, and the 3rd place winner was Edward McNelly in his 2011 Ford Fiesta R2. (That's a rally package btw.)

Read more about it here: Rally America

And here is a nice video compilation from Rally America. Yes, I know there is audio issues. I've already commented on Rally America's facebook page about it. So, sorry in advance. Its from their sorta live coverage crew (its about an hour behind live covereage at Oregon.)

Kirt
post #35 of 58 Old 05-07-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Here is two more videos that Rally America uploaded. Enjoy.

Kirt
post #36 of 58 Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Enjoy some rally Vids.

Kirt
post #37 of 58 Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Just uploaded to youtube today....thanks to Rally America

Kirt
post #38 of 58 Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
We need a like button on here like Facebook, lol. Thanks for sharing and updating Kirt.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #39 of 58 Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Not a problem and set your DVRs to record on ESPN 2 this saturday at 8 ET or just be home to watch the First Global Rally Cross event at Charlotte Motorsports Raceway. Should be fun to watch.

Kirt
post #40 of 58 Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

So, the results of the GRC in Charlotte weren't what I wanted.
Marcus Gronholm took first place in a Ford Fiesta, Tanner Foust took second also in a Ford Fiesta, and Stephan Verdier took third in a Hyundai Velostar.

Grönholm Wins in Charlotte. Foust Second, Verdier Third. | Global RallyCross

But, here is some pretty sweet footage of the cars with POV angles.

PS. Side rant. Who else is going to the Rally America event this weekend in wellsboro, PA? I will be there for the 3rd straight year.

Kirt
post #41 of 58 Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Seeing as how this is not my footage I will post this here. I will update more later when I have time aboutt the results from the STPR Rally.

Kirt
post #42 of 58 Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
We need a like button on here like Facebook, lol. Thanks for sharing and updating Kirt.
I agree Kirt, thanks.
And as for the LIKE button, I have been wanting one on here as well. But we do have something close ya know....(rep)!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #43 of 58 Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Not a problem...I'm a close follower and I don't mind updating.

Kirt
post #44 of 58 Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm surprised at how much I actually like the Dart. When I heard that they were coming back out with one, I was excited. Than when I saw it, I wasn't. Only because I learned to drive on one of the old ones...Yes, I'm old.
But now that I see it in rally stance, I'm impressed. I look forward into seeing what that thing can do, and what its potential is.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #45 of 58 Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I also found this on Youtube tonight while uploading all my videos.

I'll play the role of spoiler also. The final standings of the STPR rally were: Antoine L'Estage in 1st place, David Higgins in 2nd Place, and Leonid Urlichich in 3rd place.

It sucks that Higgins didn't win. But, considering he blew up his front diff on the first stage of day 1 and fell to 13th in the standings. Only to charge the one way back up to 2nd was a amazing feat and a show case of his talent. I saw David at the final service of Day 1 and he was very upset that he was in 13th place because of a broken front diff, but he was also glad it didn't leak bad enough to trash the whole transmission.

Kirt