Rally America and Global RallyCross news.. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sorry I can start a Hersey Park meet thread then...

So rally events this year look a bit spars. They need more local rally cross events near me instead of 100+miles away.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I wish Rally Cross was close by. Rally America is the closest Rally event to me. If they bring a national event of Rally Cross to Englishtown, NJ then I'd be willing to commute to that event.

Edit: Its all good Keith btw. I don't care if this turns into a Hershey Park thread. Maybe mosc would show up for that.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#18 Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Started a thread for the Hersey Park meet...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#19 Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I saw... So, this is the week for the Sno*Drift Rally in Michigan. Lets see what happens in the first event.

Kirt
#20 Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

In case you guys are keeping up with the news like myself...then here is a update.

David Higgins Wins Slippery Sno*Drift Rally

Sno*Drift Rally Results

Video:

Kirt

Last edited by turmic; 01-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
#21 Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kirt
#22 Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

I had some friends of mine working that event. Said it was freezing cold up there and they had 2 people start to suffer from hypothermia. Man that looks like so much fun.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#23 Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, that event is closer to you than it is me. It would be a haul for me to get there. Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. But, look how crazy fast higgins hands are to keep the car on the "path" and out of the trees. Rally America doesn't allow studded winter or ice tires. Crazy when you think about it, but I guess its because the cars drive on the public roads at times to get from stage to stage.

Kirt
#24 Old 02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Yeah, that event is closer to you than it is me. It would be a haul for me to get there. Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun. But, look how crazy fast higgins hands are to keep the car on the "path" and out of the trees. Rally America doesn't allow studded winter or ice tires. Crazy when you think about it, but I guess its because the cars drive on the public roads at times to get from stage to stage.
Yeah when I raced for SCCA rally we weren't aloud to run studded tires, but then again I never raced in winter.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#25 Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRC does and its quite amusing to see the sparks go flying when there is no more ice. But, I'm sure its ripping the asphalt a new one.

Kirt
#26 Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, here is a small update. Some of you guys might have known that two international competitors started a full Rally America schedule at Sno*Drift. David Sterckx a former Belgian Rally Champion and Tingwu Song a China Rally Championship competitor also started a full season at the same rally event.

What I didn't know is that. Leonid Urlichich a Canadian Rally Championship competitor also entered Rally America to be a full season competitor. Urlichich has placed a podium finish 7 of 8 events in the CRC (Canada Rally Championship). So, he looks to be some more strong competition. Urlichich would've placed 3rd at Sno*Drift if he did not fail a post rally vehicle inspection. Which bumped him down to 6th place. He filed a protest to the vehicle inspection violation. We'll see what the Appeals Committee comes up with.

What I just found is even more International competition is entering the Rally America series at 100 Acre Woods rally event in Feburary.

Taken from Rally America's website:
A powerful new entry, Krzysztof Holowczyc (pronounced Kristoff Holovich) of Olsztyn, Poland, will join the Art Logistics Racing Team with co-driver Maciej Wislawski in a 2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX for his American debut. Holowczyc brings a deep racing resume having won three Polish Rally Championships, 1997 European Championship title and has placed as high as 6th overall at a World Rally Championship event. This year Holowczyc drove a factory BMW X-Raid in the Dakar Rally to place 10th overall.

Kirt
#27 Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

So, I've been a bit behind the 8-ball of keeping this updated. But, Ken Block entered the 100 acre forest rally america event. It appears that he will be entering a few limited Rally America events this year as well. He is only doing 3 WRC events, a full schedule of the Global Rally Cross Championship, Gymkhana Five, and his Gymkhana tour. So, it looks like he will be in America more this year. Just sucks that he will not be at the Rally Event that I will be attending. Because of the Rally Cross event is on the same weekend. I missed him back when he was still running a full time schedule in Rally America.

Anyways...I make up for my laziness with some videos. Including one Festiva that I think Keith will appreciate in the one clip. !Laugh! Enjoy.

Oh and always check out Rally America if you want to know more of the results of the rally.
100 Acre Woods Results If you're too lazy to click the first link.

Kirt
#28 Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kirt
#29 Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

So, some updates on Global Rally-Cross.

SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS VENUES TO HOST 2012 ?GLOBAL RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP RACES | Global RallyCross

These are the updated dates for Rally Cross.

May 26 Charlotte Motor Speedway
June 9 Texas Motor Speedway
June 30-July 1 X Games Los Angeles
July 14 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sept 1 TBA
Sept 29 Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Kirt
#30 Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
I saw Dave Mirra at rallycross 2 years ago at NJMP. He really drove poorly all the times, always crashing into things and making poor decisions (not that I could do better). But you think from all the hype and how he got sponsored that he could do better. **rant off** But down for a hershey meeting. Love subis and the park. Looking forward to see Higgins soon this year.