Raced a Srt-4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-15-2003, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Talking Raced a Srt-4

Hey,

I was cruisin, at once there was a chevy truck ( dont remember what kind ) and a yellow srt-4. The Srt-4 had reved at me and left. I was like "Ok he wants to try me." Oh yea I was drving my brother's 2003 Harley Davidson Truck which is supercharged stock. I had cut off 2 cars in order to get up to him and I was on his tail hitting about 100. Then I had cut him off and hit 130 and won by 2 car lengths. Remember that 130 is the higest we can go on a truck. It was good tho and a general rush.

Mods for the Harley Davidson: Upgraded Pulley System, Oil Filter, K&N Filter and a upgraded chip.

Here is a pic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2003, 04:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Hmm cant post the pic I want too. But here is the website:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=380218&page=1

Mike
#3 Old 11-16-2003, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
street racing is dumb
#4 Old 11-16-2003, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
ok, you go ahead and say that but when a srt-4 comes reving at you. You go ahead and try to ingore it.
#5 Old 11-16-2003, 06:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
i've done it before, and i'll do it again. i'd rather live to drive my car another day, than to die racing a neon.
#6 Old 11-16-2003, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Yea you got a point there, but remember I said that there was only 2 cars there which I had to cut. Besides those 2 cars it was a open street for anyone. Also I didn't even stay on 130 MPH for more than 3 seconds but we do go to the track. We ran 12.?? in a quarter mile. I have a clip and I will post it up soon and a dyno sheet.

Mike
#7 Old 11-16-2003, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
you still run the chances of killing yourself, and that other person. is it worth 15 seconds of adrenaline to kill someone, or yourself for that matter?
#8 Old 11-16-2003, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
No it aint though but tell me this.... How often do you get to go the track? We go to the track atleast once a month just to keep up of what we are running in a 1/4 mile. Yes street racing isn't a good idea because you risk your life and life of others but there are some points that you can't take what so ever. Also with track because you have to get in like in order to race. Waiting in line and getting your turn takes a while and when you do race, its only for a couple of seconds. You get about 2-5 turns depending on the day and the rush. This also doesn't mean that the tracj is completely safe. Yes there are no car's in front of you or no people but you car can't be safe either. You can't tell if your car is completely safe because anything can happen in a second. There is nothing wrong with street racing only if you know what you are doing. I have seen other people race on the street and they are reckless. I have a life, I am still young and I am not a fast and the furious type of guy now. I know for sure that you have raced on the steret once - twice before with any car or with someone. There is not one person who has experienced street racing yet.

Mike
#9 Old 11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, so I'll finish with this. Yeah, I've street raced before. And then, two of my friends were street racing (they "knew" what they were doing, ### they did it all the time) and one of them ended up in a bodybag, and the other in jail. Just wait until it hits you close to home, and then tell me street racing is OK.
#10 Old 11-16-2003, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Aight first of all, there isn't to point of fighting over this now. It's a simple statement I had made telling everyone what I did. I am sorry for your friends.

Mike
#11 Old 11-25-2003, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
Rout 1... 12 at night... 0 cars on road... 4 lanes... blockade between on comeing traffic... straight... and you cant tell me that is safer then the track..
#12 Old 11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
Also my ### got into a accident about 1 year ago.. in his mustang.. he lost it going around a turn at 60.. hit a pole.. and ended up killing his gfs sister.. who was 15.... it was a big loss.. but the whole point is.. raceing on the street is stupid if done without caution.. but if you plan it out and know the road.. and know who you are raceing.. and if its only you and the other person... it is pretty much the same as going to the track... if i race a person i dont know next to a light.. i go up to 60mph and stop..so all in all if done right street raceing isnt bad..
#13 Old 11-28-2003, 07:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

deuce189 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to deuce189
Talking

We're just lookin out for you man we don't want any other fellow rexer's to get hurt. So don't take it personally.
#14 Old 11-28-2003, 08:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Thanks, but it was only that time. Just got me pissed
#15 Old 12-10-2003, 08:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sphinx1 is an unknown
I have mentioned in other posted threads that I once had a 2000 rs. The reason I don't anymore is because I was F!@#ing around with an SVX on the highway. When I tell you we were moving I mean 120+. Not for 3 seconds but on and off for miles. Basically somehow I lost control well over a 100. Crossed the median & was T-boned by another car. The force of impact ripped the car in half from right behind the front seats, LITERALLY. No one was hurt but me, thank GOD. If I had the capability to post the pics, I would. It is not safe no matter where you are or how good you are. But it happens. Be safe all.