Porsches - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I miss my 73 VW Bug, was a wonderful first car. Idk where I would be if I had it now. Im sure it would be pretty nice considering what I have spent on some of my other project cars, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
they are cheap to work on and build compared to anything else.
#18 Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Just don't drive the GT3 into a tree.... I've heard they don't do good on the 135mph into a tree test.
Yeah, that jackass did that....(thinking)...I'd say almost a hour away from where I live. Closer to where Mosc lives than me probably.

Btw, I realized how ironic that I used the word jackass to describe him. !Laugh!

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Lol. Have you had the pleasure of seeing the new Panamera (spelling?) in person? I got to see one when I was in Chicago, BEAUTIFUL, and its a 4 door Porsche, win-win in my book, lol.
Finally saw one of those in the financial district of Seoul a couple weeks ago (imports are subject to a hefty tax here in Korea, so they are few and far in between), and seeing it in person really changed my opinion of that car's styling for the better. It is also bigger than I pictured it to be (in my mind)! Anyway, pictures do not do it justice...

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#20 Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
Finally saw one of those in the financial district of Seoul a couple weeks ago (imports are subject to a hefty tax here in Korea, so they are few and far in between), and seeing it in person really changed my opinion of that car's styling for the better. It is also bigger than I pictured it to be (in my mind)! Anyway, pictures do not do it justice...
When I first read about it I thought Porsche had a seizure or something, I mean it has nothing to do really with what 98% of the cars were meant for. But then the more I read about it and looked at it I thought, "Hey a rich guy with a family could really actually use this car." Then like I said, in person the car will blow your mind. Its absolutely gorgeous IMHO. Its proportional to its size and everything.

Keith sorry to pull away from your original post, but your pics jogged my memory of my favorite Porsches of late.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#21 Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
When I first read about it I thought Porsche had a seizure or something, I mean it has nothing to do really with what 98% of the cars were meant for. But then the more I read about it and looked at it I thought, "Hey a rich guy with a family could really actually use this car." Then like I said, in person the car will blow your mind. Its absolutely gorgeous IMHO. Its proportional to its size and everything.

Keith sorry to pull away from your original post, but your pics jogged my memory of my favorite Porsches of late.
Pffft like I care. It's Off Topic and it's car related....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#22 Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Its kind, in a stretch related to our cars right? Flat engine? Kick ass car? Both the subie and the porsche have been dreams of mine since I was a kid.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Its kind, in a stretch related to our cars right? Flat engine? Kick ass car? Both the subie and the porsche have been dreams of mine since I was a kid.
Ditto!! And I had BOTH before I turned 18! Lol True story though.

-Derek
#24 Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
One of the guys at my office has the Panamera S... Very nice looking car. The turbo version is just stupid fast too.

-Chris
#25 Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge10 View Post
Ditto!! And I had BOTH before I turned 18! Lol True story though.
You lucky bastard
#26 Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
A friend of mine back in high school had a 944 turbo. For course back in the late 80's it was a big deal, looking back now that car was hideous...lol At times I wish I still had my old Grand Nation. It was loaded with problems when I got it, but I fixed everything only to have to turn around a sell it because I lost my job at the time and wasn't sure when I would get another one. Of course I still want a GMC Syclone. Always had a soft spot for them, even though they are GM...(sorry Kirt)

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#27 Old 07-16-2011, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456 View Post
You lucky bastard
Of course I didnt mention it was a 87 924, with a horrid paint job and a hole in the floorboard where the battery exploded...but hey, it was still a Porsche!

-Derek
#28 Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
One of the guys at my office has the Panamera S... Very nice looking car. The turbo version is just stupid fast too.
Pics...need pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
A friend of mine back in high school had a 944 turbo. For course back in the late 80's it was a big deal, looking back now that car was hideous...lol At times I wish I still had my old Grand Nation. It was loaded with problems when I got it, but I fixed everything only to have to turn around a sell it because I lost my job at the time and wasn't sure when I would get another one. Of course I still want a GMC Syclone. Always had a soft spot for them, even though they are GM...(sorry Kirt)
Lol, I've seen the hate spreading to other threads. Grand Nationals were always problematic from what I hear.

Kirt
#29 Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Lol, I've seen the hate spreading to other threads. Grand Nationals were always problematic from what I hear.
Sadly alot of it was the MAF sensor, which was a POS on those cars. I always wondered why they didn't just keep them MAP instead. It was a fast car for what it was, just don't expect to turn at any speed with it, same for the Syclone...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#30 Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Makes sense to me...a lot of people probably didn't want to conform to accepting it was the MAF issue either. Plus, I don't think GM made the car for much more than a straight line anyways. So, that doesn't surprise me.

Kirt