Perrin TMICs - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
I ran a Perrin TMIC for a short time. I was a little restricted by it with the GT35R. I was still able to make 425whp on a Dynoet with it..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, I'm not going rotated or balls to the wall. FMIC would probably be better for that. But, thanks shoaf.

More pics...just like i promised.
Attached Images

#18 Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
hmm. i just dont understand why they would post those measurements yet say its a direct fit with no modification. i just want something bigger than the sti IC and the stock shoe box one i got.

maybe if i removed the stock hood scoop duct it would fit and just replace it with the slimer one such as this. ZeroSports 06-07 Intercooler Splitter, ZS-0306019, Subaru Impreza WRX ZeroSports 06-07 Intercooler Splitter
i could manage to cram it in there lol
#19 Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think i need that splitter....lol. Probably just laziness that they didn't realize its the measurements of the FMIC. I'd hope they'd have the right size for a TMIC. You can see in the pics how tight the Perrin is depth wise.
#20 Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Is that metal line running above the TMIC your A/C line? It looks awfully close... is there any contact between the two when your engine rocks when you rev it?

John
07 WRX
#21 Old 09-23-2009, 07:22 AM
WRXpert

It is the AC line and is Alumn. My Perrin TMIC contacted it and actually rubbed through the tube wall a little, which is one of the reasons I went to the FMIC even though I wanted the sleeper look..

#22 Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ Definitely something to keep an eye on, turmic. Aluminum is a pretty soft metal. I've heard of people bending the lines out of the way or maybe it would be possible to insulate the line with something soft at the possible contact points. Just wanted to bring that to your attention and maybe prevent a possible problem. What about that black rubber fuel line that looks like it's touching the bottom right corner of the TMIC, or is that not a problem?

John
07 WRX
#23 Old 09-23-2009, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The one at the bottom is a vacuum line... no biggie. Wrap the contact points on the AC line with silicone hose or take a small bit of the vacuum line you have too much of and do the spots.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#24 Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, i'm sure the rubber hose is just a vacuum. Seeing as how it was described as a boost hose in the instructions. But, good eye on the aluminum. I'll have to wrap it or something.
#25 Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
WRXpert

I was warned by Andrew (AndrewTech) that it will rub through Silcone after a short time. Ialso comment to him about mine rubbing the AC line to see if he had any ideas. I didn't try it to see just went with his opinion and pulled the TMIC, (not that I wanted more power either) I tried to adjust things but mine would not fit, Looks like yours fitts better, mine was about 4 years ago.. LOL..

Edit, more pictures to show the MASS of the Perrin TMIC..

#26 Old 09-25-2009, 05:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What are you doing for a heatshield ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#27 Old 09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Damn Shoaf...that looks a lot bigger under your hood. I wonder if they redesigned it some. No heatshield currently. I might put a SPT heatshield on there eventually. I think i'm definatly going to get a zerosports splitter though.
#28 Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

I took a brief glance at the TMIC again... would it be possible to remove a little material (maybe 1/4" to 1/2") from the intercooler-to-intake manifold pipe/hose in an effort to slide the TMIC down away from the A/C lines toward the engine a little more? It looks like you have a little room to play with those oval bolt holes on the brackets... or would that not work?

John
07 WRX
#29 Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Maybe. Its actually not as close as it looks in the picture. I popped the hood to do an oil change tonight and i looked at it. Its actually far away enough, that i think it's fine. I just scraped the AC lines trying to get it in. Then i moved them out of the way when it didn't work the first time. I adjusted the one side of the AC line out of the way more tonight just to be safe. But, thanks for the heads up.
#30 Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

No prob.. just trying to help

I guess the angle of the pics make it look like it's almost touching.

John
07 WRX