Perrin TMICs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Perrin TMICs

If everyone didn't know. The Perrin TMICs for 02-07 WRXs/STIs are discontinued. Perrin doesn't have them on their website and JSC Speed doesn't have them either. I had to get mine off Oakos. I got it today and installed it. So far I love it. I'll add pics later. Just letting you guys know. Especially since TurboXSs Tmic doesn't work for STIs and I didn't want to pay for a APS or Spearco TMIC. They want way too much for those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Perrin wanted too much as well. Anymore than 500.00 for a TMIC is crazy IMHO. But glad you like it. Did you see a drop in boost?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, I didn't know Perrin was discontinuing their TMICs. There are other factors to consider when shopping for a TMIC besides the price. You should also consider quality, fitment, flow rate, and whether or not it has a cool stencil design painted on it

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#4 Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Paul, if you're money crunching....then you're in the wrong game. You pay to play. But, good luck on a cheap TMIC. APS and Spearcos will run you high 800s and low grand area. Perrin's was only mid 700s like a TurboXS TMIC. But, a TurboXS won't work on a STI. The pics are kinda crappy, because it was rainy out yesterday and it was getting dark out quick. I'll still have to get a good pic of it installed. But look at how much thicker the perrin is.....crazy

Edit: I forgot to answer this earlier. No, I did not get a boost drop. Its the same boost levels and it actually feels like I have a better throttle responce now.
Attached Images

#5 Old 09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
ill be getting this one cxracing.com: Top Mount Intercooler w/ Y-Pipe Kit for 02-06 WRX STi , Includes Intercooler Piping Hose Clamp. only problem is it doesnt show the flow rate. but all together with tax and shipping is a bit under 300. which sounds fun to me seeing how im broke city over here.
#6 Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

I don't know....somehow the measurements have to be wrong. How are you going to stuff a TMIC that's 4"s deeper than stock in that amount of space? It'd have to rub the AC lines bad or something. Because the Perrin wasn't easy to stuff in there and its only a half of a inch deeper and it was hitting the AC lines on the way in. Maybe it's just bad pics. Let me know how it works out for you. It's kinda hard to tell if it's bar and plate design or tube and fin...
#7 Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

i just sent them an email about fitment and flow rates. if they cant give me an straight answer ill just have to look in to buying another unit
#8 Old 09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

sent them a message and this is what they said "Hi,
Compress Air Flow Rate:<600Cubic Feet/Min, Rated up to700 Max HP,

Highlights of this kit:
Bolt on Replacement/ Upgrade of stock Intercooler and Y pipe;
Better Air Flow and Increased Performance;
Fits Stock BOV.

Thanks"

and it is a bar and plate design
#9 Old 09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
have you read any reviews on that TMIC? Know anyone who has used that particular model?
#10 Old 09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

no reviews, but theres a bunch of silvias and other cars using there fmic on youtube. i couldnt find the tmic on there tho.
#11 Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
i mean its a real good price...Its worth trying it out. I know to you need to save money, so give it a shot.
#12 Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

I mean...as long as it works. I just don't see how your stuffing all 8 inches deep in there....unless the front part hangs over the intake manifold. But, your thickness is too much for it to hang out 4 inches that way. I don't know man....It doesn't look like a bad tmic. It just seems that the measurements are fishy. Give it a try...if it doesn't fit. Ship it back and get a refund.

Edit: I should also state that the 02-07 WRX/STI TMIC....also fits 08-09 STIs. So, happy hunting. Perrin is still making TMICs for the 08-09 WRXs. I didn't want to confuse anyone.
#13 Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

yea ima try it out. the pics on there dont look photoshoped or anything so idk why it wouldnt fit. maybe the measurements are a little off. but by looking at the pics and what the rep. said. ill take my chances
#14 Old 09-21-2009, 06:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh trust me, I understand about paying to play.... 700 really isn't all that bad considering you will make back 250-300 on the stocker anyways.... Maybe I didn't really do all the research for one considering i'm not really looking for one yet.....

Cheers.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 09-21-2009, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Its cool paul...I don't mean to get snippy. I just want a high quality TMIC at a decent price.

Srninjastar: I think they have the FMIC measurements posted up. They're saying 20" long x 11" deep x by 4.5" thick. Sorry, its 7 inches deep for a stock STI TMIC. Which that TMIC your linking too is 4 inches deeper than a STI TMIC. The Perrin is hard enough to squeeze in there at 7.5 inches. I can't imagine another 4 inches squeezing in there. Like I said...I think it's just the wrong measurements.