Out of state - Just bought a Sun Pass - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Out of state - Just bought a Sun Pass

Hopefully someone from Florida can give me some more insight, I've never used toll passes before. Every trip I make to Florida, I remember having to stop a ridiculous amount of times to pay another toll. Frustrated, I find out that I can't even buy them online - only locally. Luckily, I found a seller and just ordered one thru ebay. I bought one of the sticker style ones since it seems most economical with the $4.99 credit and most say I can get away with using tape to stick it.

I'm going to Miami for the Orange Bowl. Anyone travel from the top of the state to around that area or vice versa know roughly how much in tolls they had to pay? Am I just crazy for buying a Sun Pass because I live in WV? I wish I could remember if there were any EZPass tolls I have to across on my way to Florida.

Someone, school me in the ways of pre-paid tolls.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hmmmm....Are you traveling I-95 or Rt. 1?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
If you take 95 there are no tolls

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Vew

I saw there are still a handful of tolls toward the end of I-95. Another reasoning for getting it was it pays for itself. I looked up EZPass since I have some tolls on WV roads, but they want $40. F that.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#5 Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What's a toll road ?

Never ceases to amaze me what all you guys go through on a daily basis and on taxes and all that.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vew View Post
I saw there are still a handful of tolls toward the end of I-95. Another reasoning for getting it was it pays for itself. I looked up EZPass since I have some tolls on WV roads, but they want $40. F that.
That's why I asked which route you were taking. You should have 4 tolls to pay between Delray Beach and Miami. Also WV tolls are suppose to increase again next year. Bad enough they are $2.00 already, but they are wanting to raise them to $2.50-$2.75. Isn't the turnpike already paid for, I mean they don't maintain the damn thing so what's that money go for?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 12-16-2011, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Salt and maintence of the DOT vehicles I'm sure. The rest goes into the pockets of the DMV executives.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#8 Old 12-16-2011, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
so glad i dont have to deal with tolls locally but when i was in ny/nj this summer it was deff a moment when tolls came around and i didnt have change or ez pass etc... But i threw a buck in there so when they tried giving me a ticket they reviewed footage and saw i threw on a dollar lol thank god i didnt just cruise through it like i almost did
#9 Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Vew

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
That's why I asked which route you were taking. You should have 4 tolls to pay between Delray Beach and Miami. Also WV tolls are suppose to increase again next year. Bad enough they are $2.00 already, but they are wanting to raise them to $2.50-$2.75. Isn't the turnpike already paid for, I mean they don't maintain the damn thing so what's that money go for?
I'm told by AAA if you travel them regularly (i don't), then it's a good time to invent in one since it won't increase for ezpass holders or something along that line.. yet.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#10 Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vew View Post
I'm told by AAA if you travel them regularly (i don't), then it's a good time to invent in one since it won't increase for ezpass holders or something along that line.. yet.
For myself it's only maybe 3 times a year, but still it's silly to jack up those costs when you know they aren't doing anything really worth while with the money...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...