ordered my BRZ today - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thumbs up ordered my BRZ today

That's correct, plunked down a deposit and waiting for May to get here. Fist color choice was Galaxy blue, but the guy that owns the dealership ordered one, so I went with Sterling silver for my first choice, Red for my second. Honestly, I don't care if it's turd brown I just can't wait to throw it around a track.

Cullen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow, nice man. I dont know if I will be able to sleep tonite now, knowing someone is getting one already. I have seen some pics of them, supposedly in Cali already. Looks to be a pretty nice car. Im looking forward to test driving one just to say I did, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
the car does look sick. congrats on the buy. i know this is suppose to be the "new age" remake of the ae-86 which i understand on the rwd drive train but just wondering why they only put a na motor in and not a turbocharged version
#4 Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
It's engineered to be a handling car, not a horsepower monster. The engine is mounted so far back in the chassis that there's no room for a turbo mounted the usual Subaru way. Light and nimble is the thinking behind it. It's apples and oranges compared to a rex.

Cullen
#5 Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Read about the car and look at the COG. Its either as good or better than the new R35. On paper the car is amazing.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Im talking to subie dealer. "supposidly" there is an STI version coming out as well. Waiting on that. BRZ STI would be bad ass. So hopefully itll come
#7 Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Cullen, if you drive through my parts and want to stop by. I'd be more than happy to take a look at and possibly drive your BRZ. . I'm just glad they made it a little more aggressive than some of the concept art. The GT-300 BRZ is just down right wicked looking and if I tracked my car aggressively then I'd be seriously thinking about trading my STI in on a BRZ. But, until they make a STI BRZ or until it picks up a tuner base. I'll just throughly enjoy my car...might make it a second car if I can't find anything else to take the daily driver role. LOL We'll, see how the tuner community reacts to the BRZ and Scion FR-S variant.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#8 Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 AM

If it really arrives in May, I'll be taking it down to NJMP memorial weekend. NASA has weekends at Pocono and Beaverun too this summer, so I'll be "getting around" in it. I plan on being in on the ground floor of developing parts for it, not being one to leave well enough alone

Cullen
#9 Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
There is ALWAYS room for improvement

Congrats Cullen

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#10 Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You'll have to let us know how the BRZ feels compared to your old porsche Cullen. You have the track experience and I'm guessing NASA needs the license to compete in that event?

Plus, I'll drool on whatever parts you work on or help create for it.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#11 Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 AM

No license needed to run track weekends in HPDE. Get out there and drive

I think the BRZ is going to have some similarity to the 944 for sure. Better P/W ratio though

Cullen
#12 Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I am looking forward to living vicariously through you...^_^

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#13 Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I'm not the target consumer for the BRZ I guess. If I wanted a RWD handling-first type car, I'd get a Miata.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#14 Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^You'd get too many bugs in your teef in a Miata Mosc

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Current MX5 is 2480# with 167hp. or 14.85# per HP (6spd model) which is more than the BRZ at 13.8# per hp (2760# 200hp). I think factoring in the better P-W ratio, the roof, storage capacity and that it's a Subaru, I had to choose a BRZ

Bugs in teef are no fun either

Cullen