Just my .02 cents

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Don't forget, you're only going to be selling the car to one person. We don't all have to agree on the price you set. That one buyer might end up being less knowledgeable than most of us and be willing to spend a little bit more for your car. You do have several strong selling points (low mileage, tasteful mods, clean, etc.), and I would certainly emphasize those when you sell it. I think you don't have much to lose if you set the price a little bit higher than it's realistically worth to the majority of informed enthusiasts. Worst case, you might be offered a lower amount, but if you're not in a hurry to sell it, you can always say no and keep looking for someone who will pay more. I do agree with many of the posts so far though, as people usually end up losing money when selling modified cars.

John
07 WRX
post #18 of 18 Old 06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
I wouldn't personally pay over 17K for an '05. It does have low mileage, but you can get a newer one for that price. I got my '08 Premium w/SAT NAV loaded for 22K NEW (Sticker from the window said just shy of 31K). It was the dealership's demo model, so it had about 5K miles on it, but with most people's confidence in their jobs shaken, they won't pay for a "fun" car. They want a serious car right now. That's why you can go into the dealership and really make a deal. It's not hard to get details for your car. Do an Auto Check (it's a lot like Carfax) and you can show a potential buyer any accidents, mileage at Safety/IM times, and really anything that gets reported to that car's title. If it's clean, with no accidents (keep in mind a car with frame damage doesn't have to be a salvage title), then you can command more for it. If you have the receipts for the mods you have done, and the stock parts you replaced, that can really make a big difference. I always have kept the factory parts from my cars to give to the new owner and have usually sold the cars for as much or more than I paid myself. If you can show that the car makes a great all around car, I feel you could pull about 16,500 with receipts in hand and a title history report. If I didn't see the stock parts, receipts, or Auto Check, I'd give you maybe 15K. Records are a huge part of how you'll pull more from your car. IT's about peace of mind, which right now is HUGE for potential buyers. All of this, of course, is in my own personal opinion with my experience in buying and selling my own cars