once a racer always a racer - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_SVXGirl is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via MSN to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Yahoo to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Skype™ to WRX_SVXGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
^^^^ Promoted her to assistant, what was she before a gofor. Now she actually gets to use the tools. Be careful though. You know how women are, she will use a $50 cresent wrench as a hammer
hey! i'm still the gofer ... and the photo girl and the pr girl and the "hey go dristract that guy" girl ... j/k on the last one

Amanda

1993 SVX Ann. Ed. #23 of 301
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 10-20-2007, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jag_Warrior is an unknown
See... this is true love. I think I might cry (or maybe that's my allergies kickin' in ).

But still, I think that's very cool. You went for a ring that would mean something (more) to him. A lot of women (too many) forget about the guy and just make the "big day" about themselves.

Here's to a bright future for ya...
post #18 of 26 Old 10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Wagondude is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_SVXGirl View Post
i just couldnt resist though! you have to understand everything has meaning in our relationship and this was just way too perfect!

besides it keeps me amused for hours
That is so cool! My wife got me another ring after we were married for about 2 years, and it had diamonds in it! I told her when we were looking for rings initially that all I wanted was a durable gold band because at that time I was dealer tech and she wanted me to wear it all the time! I sure wish my other ring was the CF variety, it would match my hood, splitter, heatshields, interior trim etc, etc, etc.
post #19 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

beaurheaume is an unknown
Who makes the thing? I want one now...and I dont even have a GF I just want on e:P
post #20 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Send a message via AIM to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via MSN to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Yahoo to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Skype™ to WRX_SVXGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaurheaume View Post
Who makes the thing? I want one now...and I dont even have a GF I just want on e:P
see thats the thing if i told you i would have to kill you ... j/k but thats still my secret.

Amanda

post #21 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
why cant I see the picture? I never seen a CF ring, my Platinum one is getting scratched the hell up. I would take it off at work but I can get the damn thing off my finger!!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #22 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Nagy have you tried windex??? Works better than soap.

For blue collar folks at our store we usually reccomend tungsten or titanium rings if you want to leave them on.

We actually had a guy who bought a tungsten ring from us then at work one day a 500lbs+ bundle of 2x4s fell on his hand and the ring saved his hand from being crushed :eek:

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #23 of 26 Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
Nagy have you tried windex??? Works better than soap.

For blue collar folks at our store we usually reccomend tungsten or titanium rings if you want to leave them on.

We actually had a guy who bought a tungsten ring from us then at work one day a 500lbs+ bundle of 2x4s fell on his hand and the ring saved his hand from being crushed :eek:
tungsten are the best but you cant cut them if you get your hand stuck thats why we went with titanium, still just as durable but if his hand gets stuck we can cut the thing off we dont have to shatter it.

nagy you probably cant see the pic because where ever you are either photobucket is blocked your i dont know ...

Amanda

post #24 of 26 Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
havent tried windex ill do that today.
all I see is a box with a X, dammit I want to see the ring

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #25 of 26 Old 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
tungsten are the best but you cant cut them if you get your hand stuck thats why we went with titanium, still just as durable but if his hand gets stuck we can cut the thing off we dont have to shatter it.

nagy you probably cant see the pic because where ever you are either photobucket is blocked your i dont know ...
Not quite s durable but pretty close.

I agree though if you have fingers prone to swelling tungsten isn't the best idea.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #26 of 26 Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

SubieSamurai is an unknown
Quote:
ok so the finance and i went looking for wedding bands today, and normally i am the picky one. well we were looking at bands for him and we just couldn't find one we liked that he wasn't going to tear up working on a car or that was what he wanted. then the lady at the jewelry store pulled out some more rings and showed us one and i kid you not it was titanium and carbon fiber! yes i said carbon fiber. i had to contain the giggles because she had NO idea what it was. so i had to get it, it was just to perfect. so the racer in my life will have a carbon fiber wedding band!

if i could get the box open i would take a picture of it ...

Dammit! If I only knew about these earlier!! I already bought mine waaaaay back.!Notfunny!

Who says all girls only drive an automatic??