Offical workout/fitness thread.. - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The warrior dash is $65 total and you get a shirt, horned hat, beer mug with beer and food. If you finish the race and complete all the obstacles you get a medal as well. I'm not doing it for that though, there is always a bigger meaning behind the stuff like this. The money goes to St. Jude's Children's Hospital so it's for the kids. One of my weak spots. The people that I'm training aren't paying me either.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well once I get the Warrior Dash done I am going to start training for another event....
The USMC Mud Run.
USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run

It looks like a bunch of fun and, for me at least, seems to give me something to shoot for instead of just working out and not having a real goal. I mean yeah I could increase various exercises, but to me that just gets old...
Anyone up for it????

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 02-15-2012 at 10:29 PM.
#63 Old 05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Just got a two year membership at my local gym two weeks ago. I am already starting to feel like I'm in my 20's again,feels GREAT!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#64 Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deans_socash is an unknown
I'm just gonna jump in on this topic and recommend cross training , did wonders for my friend now he's ####ing ripped

Sup tits.
#65 Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

I am still training, mostly Army Ranger stuff. Lots of running, rucking, push ups, pull ups, dips, situps, flutter kicks, squats and then running some more. I haven't picked up a set of weights in a while. Body weight exercises are working pretty good.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#66 Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I still lift and try to throw in some cardio when I can.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#67 Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I still lift and try to throw in some cardio when I can.
Wait for it...........
Step ups on the bench...!Laugh!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#68 Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

So I suppose I'll bring this back from the dead as well.
To fill some of the newer people in, I do a lot of obstacle course races, military events and things of that nature...Yes even at the old age of 41 I still enjoy training hard. So here is a list of things I have planned for the rest of the year;

7/27 Hero Rush obstacle course race (5miles 18 obstacles)

7/27 Kicks for Kids 5k(3.1 mile race same days as Hero Rush)

8/1-11 Run for a Million virtual race(basically run 6 races over the course of 11 days that totals 100miles)

8/17-18 Marine Corp Memorial boot camp challenge(basically you do a 2 day Marine Corp boot camp, with screaming D.I.s and everything)

9/7 Tunnels to Towers 5k(another memorial race locally)

9/14 Go Ruck Challenge(this is 12hrs of simulated special operations training and you carry a rucksack on your back the entire time)

10/12 Marine Corp Ultimate Mudrun(6.1 miles, 32 obstacles and D.I.s telling you what to do...lol)

10/25-27 Army Ranger Challenge(this is another simulated training challenge, but it last 3 days and you only get about 2hrs. of sleep the whole time...)
LW_Black4 likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#69 Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
You have a busy year! Good for you man. I wish I was in that good of shape! :thumbup:

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#70 Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
You have a busy year! Good for you man. I wish I was in that good of shape! :thumbup:
Thanks man, but I did get this way over night. I encourage people to get out and do something fitness related...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#71 Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
I know that lol. I try but things always come up and that gets put on the back burner. I need to go the extra step and just do it consistently.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#72 Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
Signed up for the Summer Epic 8 Hour mtn bike relay race as a 4-person mixed team with my gf and friends, Aug 3rd.

We'll race the 3-event series together. It's a relay even, and with 4 people over 8 hours it's about 2 hours of racing each, in 35 min (or so) laps.
Attached Images

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#73 Old 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not to derail this thread, but the way I work out is 12 - 16oz curls 70-100 times a day on top of 2-3lb lifts when I throw a whizzer.... then again... I need more lift opportunities (no homie-o)

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#74 Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
12oz beer curls for me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
06_hawk_eye and arewmors like this.
#75 Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

I drink beer once in a while...I think I made a thread about it...lol
So I went out and got a new pair of running shoes. New Balance Minimus MT10. So far I have only run about 10 miles in them, but they seem to be a great all around road/trail shoe....Hope to have them broke in by next weekend for the Hero Rush and the Kicks for Kids.
So today's workout;

10min. warm up on bike
Front squats 8x5 185lbs(first two sets are warm up the remaining 6 are power sets)
Weighted Pull ups 5x5 55lbs(I use a belt designed for these)
Bicep curl 3x(21s) 35lbs. ( i do these different than most. I do full range curls, but change my grip position after 7 reps. Outer, normal, inner on an eazy curl bar i.e. 7 outer, 7 normal, 7 inner)
Calves 6x100 (These I do in 3 different positions, standard, toes pointing out, toes pointing in. I do these in groups of 100 each rest min then repeat)
Abs;(do these without resting between)
Sit ups 30
Flutter kicks(4 count) 50
Atomic situps 25
Knees to elbows 25
Supermans 25
Cool down with some yoga for 10mins.
What did you do?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...