Offical workout/fitness thread.. - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Very impressive. This guy just got promoted. He is my start soldier. Very reliable and dependable. I hate to see him go, but I know what its like to want something. Fortunate for him he will be given his opportunity. Years ago when I was a young soldier I was wanting to try out for the Army soccer team, but my command didnt take me seriously.
Maybe they felt you'd be better off somewhere else... I don't know how many times I wished I'd stuck with it or gotten back into it. Now that I am running the gym it's hard to really find the time for something like that... I still hit the heavy, speed and double end bags just to keep sharp.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 12-03-2011, 08:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
To be honest I think it has worked out I didnt stick with soccer seeing how broke I am now. And I also was in basic training when 9/11 took place. Im sure the Army and its mindset was no where near their extracurricular activities at that time. But like you I often want to get back into, maybe one of these days I can at least start coaching a kids team or something.

As far a boxing goes, was a goal keeper in soccer for 14yrs, but still dont have the hands or coordination to hit anything but the heavy bag. And sometimes it hits back, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#48 Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
To be honest I think it has worked out I didnt stick with soccer seeing how broke I am now. And I also was in basic training when 9/11 took place. Im sure the Army and its mindset was no where near their extracurricular activities at that time. But like you I often want to get back into, maybe one of these days I can at least start coaching a kids team or something.

As far a boxing goes, was a goal keeper in soccer for 14yrs, but still dont have the hands or coordination to hit anything but the heavy bag. And sometimes it hits back, lol.
Like I said before, I spent the first 6 months learning footwork...Trust me that was no fun, but as my coach always said, "Practice may make perfect, but perfect practice will make you better."....He always said stuff like that and he was a stickler for the details...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#49 Old 12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Workout:
Warm up: Light jog 5 mins.
Close Grip pull ups 10x10
Weighted Dips 10x10
Diamond Push ups 10x10

Air Squats 50x5
Lunges 20x3 E
Calf Raises reg. 50x2
Calf Raises out 50x2
Calf Raises in 25x2

Crunches 50
Leg Raises 50
Superman 30 secs.
Flutter Kicks 50

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#50 Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Workout:
Warm up: Light jog 5 mins.
Close Grip pull ups 10x10
Weighted Dips 10x10
Diamond Push ups 10x10

Air Squats 50x5
Lunges 20x3 E
Calf Raises reg. 50x2
Calf Raises out 50x2
Calf Raises in 25x2

Crunches 50
Leg Raises 50
Superman 30 secs.
Flutter Kicks 50
Those flutter kicks better be 4 count, lol. Everything we do in the Army is 4 count, its kind of funny. Im finally starting to do light weights for strengthening up my knee, so Im kind of excited, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#51 Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Flutters kicks are 4 count, didn't know there was any other way to do them...lol

Workout:
Rope ladder climb
Alligator crawl
Monkey bar up and back (basically you start at one of the monkey bars go all the way to the end turn around and repeat)
Rope climb using only upper body
Depth Jumps of different heights
Repeat 5 times resting 1 min. between rounds.
Skip rope 5mins.

These are exercises that mimic the events in the Warrior Dash..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#52 Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 PM

You would be amazed at what the Army can come up with as far as "motivating" excercises go lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#53 Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
You would be amazed at what the Army can come up with as far as "motivating" excercises go lol.
Well here's one for ya. Next Tuesday the Marines will be at our gym for the Toys for Tots program, here's the catch for every toy brought in from 5pm to 8pm I have to do a pull up. So if someone brings in 20 toys I have to do 20 pull ups. My buddies that are currently in the Marines think the idea is brilliant.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#54 Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Well here's one for ya. Next Tuesday the Marines will be at our gym for the Toys for Tots program, here's the catch for every toy brought in from 5pm to 8pm I have to do a pull up. So if someone brings in 20 toys I have to do 20 pull ups. My buddies that are currently in the Marines think the idea is brilliant.
Thats some good motivation, we just did a toy drive, but we got to get out of doing physical training for the day. Thats great support also, job well done sir.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#55 Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

We will have a few of The Marines on hand, one will make sure I do my pull ups strict forum... My biggest concern is if we get 400+ toys that's going to make for a long day Wed...
We also put up the sign up sheet for anyone wanting to do the Warrior Dash at the gym, so far we've had 3 people sign up for the training classes we are going to have for it. Anyway today's workout.

Heavy abs.
Crunches w/ legs in air 45 degrees x100
Hanging Leg Lifts x50
Weighted Barbell Twist w/45lbs x50
Bicycles x50
Good Morning Darlings x100<--I personally hate these.
Atomic Situps x25
Hyper-extensions x50

Run 3miles.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#56 Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

iEdify is an unknown
After the Warrior Dash you should check out the Death Race... I think I'll stick to running
#57 Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEdify View Post
After the Warrior Dash you should check out the Death Race... I think I'll stick to running
I could train for that, but honestly survival is something I take very serious and I don't own a bike.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#58 Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

iEdify is an unknown
How is the training going for the Warrior Dash?

Has been a mild winter where I am, so I've been able to keep running outside (I hate tread mills and indoor tracks...).

Ed
#59 Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEdify View Post
How is the training going for the Warrior Dash?

Has been a mild winter where I am, so I've been able to keep running outside (I hate tread mills and indoor tracks...).

Ed
Well I've hit a snag, I just had surgery yesterday so no training for 3 weeks I will probably go crazy, but when I get the ok from the doctor I'm going to come back and hit it hard. I've been training 12 other people for the event, one of which is a cancer survivor so that means a lot to me. They have events up in your neck of the woods, you should try it out. I looked up the death race and also he tough mudder, but man the price is way more than what I'd wanna pay to torture myself for...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#60 Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

iEdify is an unknown
That sucks that you are out for 3 wks. but very cool that you have a good group to train with. Also good that you will still have time to train after the 3 wks are up.

I was looking at doing the Muddy Buddy with my sister or a friend... but the entry fee has gone way up from when I was considering it. I looked at this one, but it's just not me. For now I'll stick with road races and the occasional trail race.