Offical workout/fitness thread.. - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 11-30-2011, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

iEdify is an unknown
I am a middle distance runner. My best 10K (6.2 mi) is approx 42 min. This year I was more into half marathons though, 13.1 miles in about 100 min (depending on the course). I also like trail riding on my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEdify View Post
I am a middle distance runner. My best 10K (6.2 mi) is approx 42 min. This year I was more into half marathons though, 13.1 miles in about 100 min (depending on the course). I also like trail riding on my bike.
That's about a 6.5min mile time. Pretty darn impressive. I'm to big to run for anything much over 4 miles and even that is pushing it. My hats off to those that can run 1/2 marathons and full marathons. It's crazy what people can do.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#33 Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
I snowboard in the winter months, if I have time. I always make time for the gym though especially since I don't have to pay month dues and I work there as a personal trainer.
^x2 for snowboarding

But in the summer months I am a part of a few adult sport leagues to keep me busy. Basketball, softball, and co-ed soccer. Played sports all throughout high school and college so can't get lazy now

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#34 Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Awesome. I'd like to try something like that, but they don't offer it here so it kind of stinks. I played soccer from 6 to 10 then I boxed from age 11 to 21 then got involved in Judo. I've been lifting weights for 30+ in one way shape or forum...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#35 Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
#wintertimeworkoutgrind lol
#36 Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Awesome. I'd like to try something like that, but they don't offer it here so it kind of stinks. I played soccer from 6 to 10 then I boxed from age 11 to 21 then got involved in Judo. I've been lifting weights for 30+ in one way shape or forum...
That's awesome! I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 2-years then the boyfriend asked me to stop. The constant stares and questions when I would have bruising that were finger indentations all over my arms and a few times a black eye became too much for him to explain.

- Sandra
#37 Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
That's awesome! I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 2-years then the boyfriend asked me to stop. The constant stares and questions when I would have bruising that were finger indentations all over my arms and a few times a black eye became too much for him to explain.
I did train Japanese style Ju jitsu for a year. It was a offered in college, so I took it. Less like BJJ and more like Judo. No one ever questioned where my black eyes came from when I was boxing...lol
Today was an easy day:
Warm up:
5mins of rowing
30 pull ups
60 push ups
90 squats

Workout:
1A Clean and Press 5x5 185lbs. Not feeling strong today at all
1B Recline Rows 5x5 55lbs weighted vest

2A Walking dumbbell lunges 8x8 100lbs.
2B Double Kettle Bell swings 3x15 32kgs.
2C Crunches 3x100

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#38 Old 12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well I've had a change of heart...The inner warrior has pushed his way through the sweat and blood of my workouts and presented me with a challenge....
Warrior Dash | Home
Training begins NOW!!!!!
I'm thinking about doing my workouts with a warrior dash type helmet on the whole time...lol If you live close to me, say less than 3hrs. you should join me. What's funny is even the ultimate warrior workout for this thing is pretty much easier than what I do, so I will amp it up.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#39 Old 12-02-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm on my feet basically running all day at work(13 hrs). So when I get home, all the training I wanna do is a few curls with my triple whopper until its spent

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#40 Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Well I've had a change of heart...The inner warrior has pushed his way through the sweat and blood of my workouts and presented me with a challenge....
Warrior Dash | Home
Training begins NOW!!!!!
I'm thinking about doing my workouts with a warrior dash type helmet on the whole time...lol If you live close to me, say less than 3hrs. you should join me. What's funny is even the ultimate warrior workout for this thing is pretty much easier than what I do, so I will amp it up.
Holy crap that is so awesome Keith. I would be there in a heart beat if I knew my command would give me the time off. Would be awesome to have all my soldiers involved in something like that.

Speaking of you and your boxing and things paying off. One of my soldiers just got accepted to try out for the all Army Boxing team. My fingers are crossed for him, he has been training forever to get into this.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#41 Old 12-03-2011, 05:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Holy crap that is so awesome Keith. I would be there in a heart beat if I knew my command would give me the time off. Would be awesome to have all my soldiers involved in something like that.

Speaking of you and your boxing and things paying off. One of my soldiers just got accepted to try out for the all Army Boxing team. My fingers are crossed for him, he has been training forever to get into this.
Awesome. Wish him well for me, I know it's tough to get on to those teams sometimes. Years ago when I was in high school and was looking at colleges, I was searching for one that had a boxing team, few did and they were all ivy league schools. What are the qualifications to get on the Army's Team?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#42 Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Awesome. Wish him well for me, I know it's tough to get on to those teams sometimes. Years ago when I was in high school and was looking at colleges, I was searching for one that had a boxing team, few did and they were all ivy league schools. What are the qualifications to get on the Army's Team?
A mean right hook and a solid chin...

- Sandra
#43 Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
He has to train with them here on Fort Riley for so long. Then they have a competition and he has to finish in the top three (of his weight/class) if I remember correctly to advance. And if I remember its two tournaments, then I believe they make the Army team.

And will definetly give him your regards. Everyone in the shops is stoked for him.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#44 Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
A mean right hook and a solid chin...
If your good enough you don't need the solid chin... I spend the first six months learning footwork. We weren't even allowed to hit the heavy bag until you had proven that you were serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
He has to train with them here on Fort Riley for so long. Then they have a competition and he has to finish in the top three (of his weight/class) if I remember correctly to advance. And if I remember its two tournaments, then I believe they make the Army team.

And will definetly give him your regards. Everyone in the shops is stoked for him.
I thought about trying out for the Norte Dame Boxing team back when I was in high school(late 80's), since I was going to attend there, but I don't remember what the qualifications were to get on the team. I do remember them telling me you had retain a 3.5 or higher GPA or you weren't allowed on the team. I believe they have since done away with boxing there. I can say that boxing was the one thing in my life I was always compelled to push myself beyond what was expected of me. Finished my amateur career 18W 3L. Not bad for a middle class white kid from Florida....!Laugh!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#45 Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
If your good enough you don't need the solid chin... I spend the first six months learning footwork. We weren't even allowed to hit the heavy bag until you had proven that you were serious.

I thought about trying out for the Norte Dame Boxing team back when I was in high school(late 80's), since I was going to attend there, but I don't remember what the qualifications were to get on the team. I do remember them telling me you had retain a 3.5 or higher GPA or you weren't allowed on the team. I believe they have since done away with boxing there. I can say that boxing was the one thing in my life I was always compelled to push myself beyond what was expected of me. Finished my amateur career 18W 3L. Not bad for a middle class white kid from Florida....!Laugh!
Very impressive. This guy just got promoted. He is my start soldier. Very reliable and dependable. I hate to see him go, but I know what its like to want something. Fortunate for him he will be given his opportunity. Years ago when I was a young soldier I was wanting to try out for the Army soccer team, but my command didnt take me seriously.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"