The numbers... - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 151 Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Which block? Mine? It'll come build from Ron and yeah...you could just put the heads back on it. Then put it back in after you pull the old block. But, that's not all I'm doing obviously. So, I'll let them have fun with it. While I work and make money.
No the raw performance block; I though you can just order and you get a built shortblock in a crate that's ready to go.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 151 Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, It'll be built when he ships it to you in the crate. The same crate he gets the OEM shortblock in. So, yeah...you could just bolt the heads up and go from there. I just don't have the patience or a lot of time to do it myself.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #63 of 151 Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Bah!! Update. My engine is in and I hope to have some pics up soon of some of the stuff at my tuner. But, it seems that my tuner's workload is in high gear. I'm 1 of 5 engine swaps. 3 are subarus and 2 evos are getting new blocks. So, unfortunately...It looks like I'm waiting until near the end of may to get this done. The pics might not be up until next week, because I'm working the rest of the week. The wait continues...lol

Kirt
post #64 of 151 Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Should be worth the wait... What kinda power are you looking for? I rode in my tuner's STi with 320ish whp and 350ish wtq and it was awesome. If I remember you're going for upper 300's? Should be sweet and plenty fast.

-Chris
post #65 of 151 Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Hoping for 350-370 WHP and what ever that gets me WTQ wise. We'll see and thanks chris.

Kirt
post #66 of 151 Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow, so much going on and I have missed so much. I have been trying to catch up on 2 months of reading, but I dont think its going to happen. Kirt, good luck with everything.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #67 of 151 Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thanks Josh. The install date is scheduled as of May 18th. Can't wait for it to come back. But, I will have to break it all in before it can really see what she puts down.

I'll have pics of my rental car up also. lol, have to keep myself entertained while the car is in the shop.

Kirt
post #68 of 151 Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ok, So my computer took a crap last week. But, its back up and running now. So, I'll update to amuse the masses. Here's some pictures of the engine and my beater of a rental. Sorry some of the pictures are crappy because of it being rainy out.

And yes, It is a SS Camaro

Kirt
post #69 of 151 Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
<-- amused

John
07 WRX
post #70 of 151 Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LOL, why are you amused John?

Kirt
post #71 of 151 Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm amused by the engine pictures... the SS is nice too

John
07 WRX
post #72 of 151 Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Its a fun car so far, the SS. Its just heavy and a automatic. But, it does have a manual mode with the Slap-tronic shift buttons behind the right and left middle areas of the steering wheel. Which makes it more like a manual and a lot more fun. But, it doesn't shift as crisp as a real manual. Eh, oh well. It's fun enough...lol. Can't wait to start breaking in the engine, turbo, and new clutch after monday.

Kirt
post #73 of 151 Old 05-24-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ok, so my car is almost put together. I'll be picking it up next week because its not done today. I'm leaving for a trip to Cancun. Catch you guys in a week.

Kirt
post #74 of 151 Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I got the car back today because of memorial day was yesterday. I'll have to throw up some pics then. But, I'm running it around on a limp map of sorts. My tuner just roughly scaled the injectors on the new map and told me to stay out of boost and he lowered my rev limit to 5,800. So, I'm limping it around for 250 miles and getting the dynosaur oil flushed out for synthetic per my tuner. Running that till my engine and clutch have had 1,000 miles on it for break in. Then the dyno tune can begin after the 1,000 miles on the engine and clutch. So, its been two weeks since I've driven it. But, it feels torquey as all heck and the new clutch is really grippy compared to my old clutch.

Changes to the build were:
Agency Power Inlet (Which is basically the APS Inlet, 3" with a 2.4" coupler at the turbo)
and a different 90 degree turbo to tmic pipe.

Chad said the new 90 degree pipe was due to Blouch changing up the turbo housing some since the last 2.5 Dom turbo. He said blouch changes some small stuff on the housings every 6 months or so. Because of small fitment issues and beyond the different silicon 90 degree pipe. He said this turbo was easier to install because of the new little tweak to the housing because they used to flip the intake sensor to the other side because of the 90 degree pipe would crush the air sensor unless it was flipped to the right side of the engine bay (when looking at it).

In short; I'm glad to have it back and i'm trying to my best to warm it up and break it in all the goodies for 1,000 miles.

Kirt
post #75 of 151 Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Awesome, it's going to be a long 1,000 miles though lol.

How is she on startup? Lots of piston slap?

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement