LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hakmed711 is an unknown
What do you think of My Stats????

I have an 02 WRX currently at about 116k
I got a DYNO JET with:
TBE, Perrin Turbo Inlet hose, Samco Intercooler hose kit and was making:
191.45 WHP 192.53 Torque-After the flash I made 223.39 WHP 216.46 boosting at 15 PSI-
To be quite honest I was not completely impressed with the 30+ HP gain...maybe its just me....

Since then I have added:
F1 series clutch
Bigger TMIC (only boosting at 13-14 PSI)
Intake
-1 degree colder spark plugs
Perrin light weight crank pully
Suspension + front & rear sway bars
Engine Torque Dampner

I am curious as to what everyone thinks of my numbers considering the flash and how much the car should be making with the minor additional upgrades???
My next upgrade is bigger injectors and Walbro 255 Fuel pump-if I can afford bigger Turbo IHI VF39 or better........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
A 30 HP gain with a TBE and those other minor mods is about average for the car. The big thing is the car should have driven much smoother with better power delivery, if not the tune probably wasnt that great. If you are still trying to get the most out of what you have, look into a 3 port BCS. You porbably wont get too much more power by adding just an IC and intake. Which brands are you going with?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #18 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hakmed711 is an unknown
Honestly it does feel much smoother since the flash, I was hoping it would be more agressive.......I am honestly not sure what brand the TMIC I bought that and the pipe for the intake off of someone....

What do you think about the Fuel pump and injectors in addtion to the 3port BCS? I was thinking 565-760CC injectors but is that too much for my stock turbo???
post #19 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You should be ok with that. Honestly talk to your tuner about it. Make sure they can scale them down for you. Im going to be running 850cc and only hoping to hit about 320HP right now with my 20G.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #20 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
295whp on a mustang dyno with a VF43? Yeah, that's the first I've heard of that. Nice tune.
here is my graph...what do you think??? does this graph give any hints to a possible "bad tune" or anything of the sort? u got me worried now...

post #21 of 151 Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 PM

It just seems really aggressive. Do you know your injector duty cylce or your AFR? Im sure that your turbo is pretty much maxed out.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #22 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
It looks pretty smooth to me

John
07 WRX
post #23 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
no i have no idea what my injector duty cycle is.

Unfortunately the printout i have only shows hp/tq, but when he was tuning it there were 2 more lines on the graph, one of which was afr.

The afr line was almost perfectly horizontal all the way across which i take to be a good thing, but i am clueless about injector duty cycle. I am on stock injectors if that matters...

As far as aggressive, your damn right it feels VERY aggressive. I thought the upgrade from td04 to vf43 would be a larger SMOOTHER turbo, but if anything it kicks even harder!
post #24 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Ok I see he third line you are talking about. but if you are on stock injectors you probably got them pretty well maxed out. Speaking of kicking, Im kind of worried about that with the 20G I got, guess I will see in a couple weeks.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #25 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It looks compensated to me. Did you ask him what kind of compensation he was putting on? Not saying bullshit but... well, yeah I am. There's offests in the dyno to correct for elevation, temperature, whatever you want.

Not that it matters much. The curve looks ideal. Numbers are just numbers.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #26 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Ok I see he third line you are talking about.
I think that might just be a fold in the paper. I thought he scanned a paper graph and posted the image.

John
07 WRX
post #27 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 PM

Dang, apparently I need to get my glasses fixed sooner than I thought. After staring at it, I realize that you are right man show, thanks for pointing that out. I suck again.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #28 of 151 Old 06-25-2009, 11:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
For those of you interested. I got my protune done and this is the results. 255 awhp and 280 ft/lbs.

I don't know. She feels different and I know it might be a little low because of the catted Cobb TBE and it's uncorrected. Yes, its on a mustang dyno too. Let me know what you think. I also had a perrin BCS installed before they tuned it.
Those are decent numbers on a Mustang. What was your boost tuned to? That may also have something to do with it.

Edit: NVM I see the boost on the chart. What was the temp out? When it is really hot out you will have trouble making power. I know it was 90 degrees on my side of the state today.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #29 of 151 Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It might be corrected. It's hard to say. It is weird that they didn't include AFR and PSI on the print out. All that I know, is that my print out was uncorrected. Yeah, high temps kill results. I'm glad it was cooler out on monday when I got my tune. High 70s at the time of the tune. Today was ungodly hot and humid. Good old summer is here.
post #30 of 151 Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Just talked to a friend of mine that hangs out at Buschur Racing... Your numbers are standard for what he has seen on their Mustang with a stage 2 tune.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.