The numbers... - Subaru WRX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The numbers...

For those of you interested. I got my protune done and this is the results. 255 awhp and 280 ft/lbs.

I don't know. She feels different and I know it might be a little low because of the catted Cobb TBE and it's uncorrected. Yes, its on a mustang dyno too. Let me know what you think. I also had a perrin BCS installed before they tuned it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Looks pretty good to me. I sure it will suffice for week or so, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Numbers are just numbers. Looks like a nice smooth curve which should be fun. Nice to finally see a catted downpipe stage 2 STi tune on a mustang dyno to compare mine with though. I'm sure you had my ego in mind when you did it

Congrats!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #4 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Im glad also.Kirt, you plan on staying catted dont you?

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yes, I plan on staying catt'd. Maybe if I had a walboro or something. I could've squeezed more out of it. Heh, I'm not exactly sure what your referencing mosc. But, I was hopeing I'd be closer to your numbers. If that's what you mean. That or stacy's numbers. What dyno did stacy use btw? I remember him being pretty high numbers/aggressive tuned.

Josh. The Cobb TBE sounds pretty good. I'm just wondering if it was catless. Would it sound just a notch louder like i'd want it to be. I don't know what i'm complaining about though. I don't want anything that will drive me nuts in a few weeks. Plus, I passed plenty of cops and they didn't even take a second look at me. Which I know a loud exhaust will grab their attention out here.

Edit: Yes, the smooth power curve revs so nicely. I shouldn't accepted a ride in a evo9 that was at the tuner while i waited though. It had a BBK turbo (something like that) on it and was conservatively tuned at 320awhp...roughly. He got on it once and I was instantly jealous. lol. Btw, the evo9 had a cobb CBE on it also. I know Josh will like that lil bit of info
post #6 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
A friend of mine had an Evo 9 with basically every bolt-on, a GT35R I think, and 580 (+/-) hp to the wheels and he took me for a ride in it... good lord. The world around me got blurry every time he stomped it. I wish I had the money for a build like that.

Your numbers make me jealous too though... some day I'll be there...

John
07 WRX
post #7 of 151 Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 PM

Smart choice I thin to stay catt'd. It might make the exhaust note slightly deeper, but Im in love with my TBE. That is awesome that the EVO had the Cobb also. If you dont mind me askng, how did it sound? I know nothing as sweet as the your subie.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i have a protuned stage II wrx pushing 230-235 awhp with roughly 300ft/lb torque but the curve isnt as smooth as i thought it be. like mosc said numbers are numbers. but those are impressive numbers none the less.
post #9 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thanks guys.

Manshow: That's crazy. 320whp (rough estimate) made me lose my breath slightly in the passenger's seat. Because I wasn't ready for it.

Newtothegame: It doesn't have the rumble and he said it's slightly different in design. But, it was a little louder. I think it was because he was catless and running the BBK turbo. More air flow probably making it louder.

Srninjastar: Thanks man. I've been seeing some stage II wrxs higher than me lately. So, it kinda got to me. I think either they have fuel mods and the tuner squeeked more hp out of their car, they're catless, or maybe their dyno was corrected. Not sure...

I'm going to enjoy it for now or at least try. I think the mod bug already has me wanting more. Stupid of me to ride in that evo...i know.
post #10 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM

Garage
Remember a lot of people put up dynojet numbers here too. Mustangs read about 30% losses where some dynojets can be as little as 20% losses. Realistically:

300 bhp
210 whp mustang
240 whp dynojet

Or in your case more like
364 bhp
255 whp mustang
292 whp dynojet

I would be pretty surprised if you car wouldn't shatter 300wtq on a dynojet. Probably >320wtq

post #11 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 06:00 PM

Good point Turmic about the EVO. I guess that stage 2 didnt last or even stick, lol. At least it should be running better than it was when you got it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
when my 07 wrx TR was stage 2 i made 227whp/and297wtq on a mustang dyno
my mods at the time included:
MadDad turboback exhaust with 1 hi-flow cat
SPT intake
Samco Turbo inlet hose
Samco intercooler hose kit

the tune was done by Draco Performance in North Carolina

Recently, i went back for another tune and i made 295whp/352wtq on the same dyno
my mods this time around were:
Maddad turboback exhaust w hi-flow cat
GRIMMSPEED Ceramic coated crosspipe
SPT short ram intake (wrapped in heat reflective tape)
SPT intake heat shield
SPT turbo heat shield
SAMCO turbo inlet hose
GIZZMO phenolic thermal intake manifold gaskets
Warlboro 255 fuel pump
IHI VF43 Turbocharger
CSS Performance TMIC
GM 3-port boost solenoid

WOW!!!! what a world of difference. I was happy wth the power at stage 2, but the tune was so agressive i was overboosting like no-other and hitting fuel cut constantly. I talked to my tuner and he said to drop it down a gear when pulling if i didnt want this to happen because it was a mechanical issue with the wastegate being to small. The only reason i swapped turbos was because i wanted a bigger wastegate without getting a huge turbo and exploding my tranny.

Basically at this point i feel like a stage 2 STI...

My question then is this: why are my number so much higher than yours??? I feel like i have basically a stage 2 sti. Maybe MOSC can point something out i am missing...
post #13 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM

Diiferent cars, different mods, different altitudes, your comparing numbers, but not the ones that count, injector duty cylce, AFR, all that stuff. No two cars will ever react the same, even if they are identical with parts and even the tuner.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #14 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 PM

Garage
295whp on a mustang dyno with a VF43? Yeah, that's the first I've heard of that. Nice tune.

post #15 of 151 Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
i will try and learn how to use my rooomates scanner so i can post a pic of the graph... maybe that will give some insight as to why?