The newer WRX's stereos... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
The newer WRX's stereos...

Kind of rock...lol.

My old one kind of sucked. this one is pretty decent.

That is all.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-01-2007, 01:49 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
LOL, nice looking ride btw. Im kind of partial to that color and year, lol. How do you like the car as a whole?
post #3 of 12 Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

deandisease is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9d2TSi View Post
Kind of rock...lol.

My old one kind of sucked. this one is pretty decent.

That is all.
I think the radio in the 06 is terrible. subaru didnt put any thought into it at all. they were only interested in the motor and power train which is completely awesome. but the factory radio setup sucks
post #4 of 12 Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandisease View Post
I think the radio in the 06 is terrible. subaru didnt put any thought into it at all. they were only interested in the motor and power train which is completely awesome. but the factory radio setup sucks
Yeah I don't know about the 06's but the 05's stereo is nice, just the sound quality is crap only at high volume. But that's certainly not what I bought the car for.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #5 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Thanks newtothegame, You've got a nice ride there yourself. I love the car personally, it's not as quick/fast as my bugeye was, but this car has the potential to be something much more crazy.

Anyways, I never meant to say that the radio is the best out, because it's horrible compared to the endless possibilities that you get with aftermarket car audio. What I am saying is simply that it's pretty good for what it is. I like it.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #6 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_SVXGirl is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via MSN to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Yahoo to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Skype™ to WRX_SVXGirl
Quote:
the wrx is not designed to have a radio period, they used tio not have radios at all because of weight issues. i will agree the stock radios in these cars sucks but if you have few dollars laying around i would highly suggest investing in a HD ready radio and tuner, i have one and absolutely love it. we put it in my WRX when i sold my baja and we arent sure if it will work in the SVX so we have left it in the WRX. If you are going to get one though make sure you get it installed by someone knowledgeable! i had mine dones at HiFi buys before they pulled out of atlanta and they blew fuses in my dash board and also when they installed new speakers in my baja i was having to go back every 3 months because the didnt anchor wires in my doors correctly so they were shorting out. Best Buy or Circuit city would be best for installation.

Amanda

1993 SVX Ann. Ed. #23 of 301
post #7 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

deandisease is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_SVXGirl View Post
the wrx is not designed to have a radio period, they used tio not have radios at all because of weight issues. i will agree the stock radios in these cars sucks but if you have few dollars laying around i would highly suggest investing in a HD ready radio and tuner, i have one and absolutely love it. we put it in my WRX when i sold my baja and we arent sure if it will work in the SVX so we have left it in the WRX. If you are going to get one though make sure you get it installed by someone knowledgeable! i had mine dones at HiFi buys before they pulled out of atlanta and they blew fuses in my dash board and also when they installed new speakers in my baja i was having to go back every 3 months because the didnt anchor wires in my doors correctly so they were shorting out. Best Buy or Circuit city would be best for installation.
I was only responding to the first comment about the radio. I could care less about the radio ill just buy an aftermarket when i want to, but the first guy said it "kinda rocked" and i think it really sucks. my opinion. i never bought the car because of the radio. I bought it for the performance and everything else. I dont even like to listen to the radio when im driving i like the sweet sound of the tbe and bov. thats why i bought it
post #8 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
Stacy would know if his bugeye stock radio sucked compaired to new one.

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #9 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_SVXGirl is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via MSN to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Yahoo to WRX_SVXGirl Send a message via Skype™ to WRX_SVXGirl
Quote:
I was only responding to the first comment about the radio. I could care less about the radio ill just buy an aftermarket when i want to, but the first guy said it "kinda rocked" and i think it really sucks. my opinion. i never bought the car because of the radio. I bought it for the performance and everything else. I dont even like to listen to the radio when im driving i like the sweet sound of the tbe and bov. thats why i bought it
no one ever buys a car for the radio, but people need to understand that the WRX is a rally car, the radio adds extra weight that causes it to be pushed out of a weight class, but if you are just driving one because you like the car and want a nice stereo, an HD is a nice way to go. although subaru does offer satellite radio in most of their cars now.

Amanda

1993 SVX Ann. Ed. #23 of 301
post #10 of 12 Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

ajmilano is an unknown
The stereo was terrible in my 06, I couldn't believe how quiet and weak it sounded. I only made it a week before having to dish out for a better system.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Newer models, except TR come with 6 speakers instead of 4 shittty ones

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #12 of 12 Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
my 06 limited is pretty sweet all i did was play around with the audio adj treble bass and mid and the stock speakers pump out pretty well it has 4 tweeters and 4 speakers
not bad at all i could be better but ok for now till i blow it out!Laugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement