New pics of my front end, finally! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
New pics of my front end, finally!

You may have noticed I had a back end picture of my avatar the last few months whilst I readied my new front end. Really all I did was re-clear my carbon hood and paint these morrette's, which literally took 6 months. I got them white, and decide to "save money" painting them myself. I sanded them down, and tried to paint them. The paint bubbles. So I threw stripper on them and destroyed them. Who knew? Stripper and plastic = bad?

So I'm about $40 in at this point for supplies. Now I had to take them to a body shop to have them completely reshaped. There went $200. After another round of paint matching and sandpaper, I'm into these things for around $300, saving on the $200 quote I got to get them painted. Good thing I'm a do-it-yourselfer guy.

You'll also notice in the pics that half my panels are one color yellow and the other half are the original blaze, yet another reason this car drives me crazy and needs to go. Anyway, they still bubbled and look like crap close up but here they are anyway:
Attached Images

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Something made that car angry.. it's squinting and about to attack. Looks good from here.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Those headlights are the only reason I wont a bugeye. SO mean looking.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jose002 is an unknown
I like it alot! Looks like the car is going to kick your ass.
#5 Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
By far the best looking headlights on those bugeyes. Looks Good!!!!!

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#6 Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

jdowrx is an unknown
Ive actually never been much of a fan of the morrettes. IMO nothing beats the jdm projectors on the bugeyes. Looks good anyways. Any suspension mods to come?
#7 Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Hate the color scheme but the lights are very nice. Now just throw a few cans of white paint all over your car and it'll be perfect

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
hey chase...if your selling the car are you going to be selling the morrettes seperately?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 07-22-2009, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks for all the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Something made that car angry.. it's squinting and about to attack. Looks good from here.
Lol, I know. I fully expect to get pulled over more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Those headlights are the only reason I wont a bugeye. SO mean looking.
It's been my goal to get a set of these on my car since I first saw them a year ago, same colors. I didn't realize they were the same as dumdum had at first. I can't believe the company discontinued them, there are guys lined up willing to hand over $800+ a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Hate the color scheme but the lights are very nice. Now just throw a few cans of white paint all over your car and it'll be perfect
What's wrong with carbon and yellow, and black... and white, and another shade of yellow? Like I said, it's time to start a new project. I'm tired of this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
hey chase...if your selling the car are you going to be selling the morrettes seperately?
Depends on what the buyer wants. I finished them up quick to get the car sold, I figured they'd help it stand out. If they don't want them, I'll pm you about a trade with cash on top.
Have you been looking for morrett's? They're so hard to find. I lucked out and found a guy who wanted to get rid of his who got them with the car he bought. Other than that I saw one pair go on ebay in a year, they were over $500 last time I checked before they sold.

-Brandon
#10 Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Depends on what the buyer wants. I finished them up quick to get the car sold, I figured they'd help it stand out. If they don't want them, I'll pm you about a trade with cash on top.
Have you been looking for morrett's? They're so hard to find. I lucked out and found a guy who wanted to get rid of his who got them with the car he bought. Other than that I saw one pair go on ebay in a year, they were over $500 last time I checked before they sold.
Yeah I've been looking for quite some time now for a good set...so yeah keep me in the loop with what happens

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#11 Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It looks like a pissed off yellow jacket...lol
#12 Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
It looks like a pissed off yellow jacket...lol
Just don't accidentally step on it.. more will come to avenge their brother

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#13 Old 07-24-2009, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
i agree....i love the paint and the look of the car...but the white wheels...
#14 Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Crap I miss this car lol. Not having a Subie is making me pine for my old ones. Nothing has made me miss the silver one yet though...lol.

-Brandon
#15 Old 12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
My front bumper hangs slightly off the fender like yours did, I hope to get that fixed here in the spring along with the new paint..
You still getting that burnt orange hawkeye?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew