New Goodies for the Car - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I would love to keep (and replace the bent) Rotas. But being in the army, having two kids, space isnt always plentiful. So they will more than likely either be sold as is (for dirt cheap locally) or hit the bottom of the trash barrell. Plus I am kind of tired of the look of the Rotas, nice, yes, old to me, HELL YES. Maybe by some lucky chance I will have saved more money than I plan on this deployment and be able to get a set of decent rims for winter and my next place will be bigger.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Don't want to hijack your tread but this relates. Once it's time for new summer tires for my 09 (17x7" wheels) how wide of a tire can I go? I want to throw 245's on them but I can't find anywhere if you can do that without going to a 7.5 or 8" wheel. I meant to ask the guy at discount tire when I was getting my snow tires on Saturday but I forgot. On a side note we got 4" of snow in Salt Lake on Saturday... Almost axle spin season!

-Chris
#18 Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I couldnt find the exact thing I was looking for, someone had posted a "Tire Calculator" on here. But check this out, Mosc put some good time and thought into this thread:Wheel / Tire FAQ

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Here is the tire calculator. It will tell you what kind of sidewall height you want if you want to make your tires wider.
Tire size calculator

I run a 235 on a 17x7. From what I remember while researching, a 245 will rub.

Nice wheels BTW. I wanted those, but couldn't pull the trigger on spending that much. The DRAG wheels I got are only 18lbs. Not bad for the price, and two or three pounds less than Rotas.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#20 Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Here is the tire calculator. It will tell you what kind of sidewall height you want if you want to make your tires wider.
Tire size calculator

I run a 235 on a 17x7. From what I remember while researching, a 245 will rub.

Nice wheels BTW. I wanted those, but couldn't pull the trigger on spending that much. The DRAG wheels I got are only 18lbs. Not bad for the price, and two or three pounds less than Rotas.
Hey man, thanks for the follow up and help with that link.

And thanks for the compliments on the wheels. Discount Tire came through and I was actually able to get the rims and lugs for under what I was looking to spend on rims. My Rotas are only about 18lbs (at 17x8). I wanted the lightest rim I could afford because after my tranny rebuild Im really looking into getting into auto-x or something that unleashes the full potential of the car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#21 Old 11-21-2009, 06:22 PM

Well just got back from getting the rims installed. They look good,but it was too dark to take pics, sorry. On a side note, some idiot that moved my car into the bay to do the rims on busted my AP. Not the actual AP, but the plug part that plugs into the jumper block. Now, once agian my AP doesnt work. Idk if the jumper block is damaged, was too dark to look at, but I will be going back tomorrow to give them some crap about it. And of course will be looking for a new cord to get my AP up and running again.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
well that sucks...i hate letting anyone who isn't me in or around the area of my car. bastards.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#23 Old 11-21-2009, 08:11 PM

Well if I could have pulled the tire off of the old rim, mounted it and all I would have gladly done it myself. I just hate being without my AP, its my go to on my car. I really do use it every time I drive. But rest assure that I will be there tomorrow to talk to them about it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 AM

Sorry for the wait

Sorry for holding everyone in suspense. I got the tires mounted last nite, and I just got a chance to snap a few pics. So here they are:

Also, talked to Firestone about my AP issue. They said when I buy the cable to bring them the reciept and they will reimburse me. So thats a plus once I find the chord.
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#25 Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
They look awesome. Are you planning on lowering your car at all? the fender gap is kinda gross, even for a suby.

-Randy
#26 Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booosted09 View Post
They look awesome. Are you planning on lowering your car at all? the fender gap is kinda gross, even for a suby.
Thanks. Honestly I dont think that I will. I really want to keep the car as stock looking as possible. I have started looking into some strut/spring combos to stiffen it up and of course that comes with a slight drop generally. But I dont want anything drastic out all.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
i agree...i dont like the cars that are super dropped. I am a fan of a 1/2 inch drop all around. I think it will still look close to stock but have a better stance.

-Randy