New Goodies for the Car - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Talking New Goodies for the Car

So after some searching and emailing I decided on some new rims for the car. Enkei RPF-1s, 17x8 +45 offset. Thank you Discount Tire for the help and awesome service. They were quick, friendly and very helpful I will post up pics of them on the car when I get the time to do it. Unfortunately they wont get painted anytime soon, I dont have a garage and the weather isnt permitting me to paint them anytime soon.
Attached Images

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
nice....do you know how much they weigh?

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#3 Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Around 15.5-15.6lbs per rim. Much ligher than my Rota Boosts. I also got tire valves and new lugnuts for the car. Only thing I forgot was center caps, so I might be rocking my Rota caps for awhile, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 11-16-2009, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
yea i always liked the look of those Enkei's. You gonna paint them? What color? oh yea..i emailed Subaru and i can get a fender(not painted)for $200 at the dealership. What do you think? I know a guy who has his own paint booth so i'm not worried about the painting part.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#5 Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Didn't come with caps? I dig the wheels. Nice choice.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#6 Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booosted09 View Post
yea i always liked the look of those Enkei's. You gonna paint them? What color? oh yea..i emailed Subaru and i can get a fender(not painted)for $200 at the dealership. What do you think? I know a guy who has his own paint booth so i'm not worried about the painting part.
I wanted to paint them gunmetal or something dark like my Rotas are. But it might have to wait till after my deployment. But by then just might get them powder coated so its more professinal and permanent. Thats not too bad of a price for the fender. And if you have the means to get it painted for cheap or next to nothing I would go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
Didn't come with caps? I dig the wheels. Nice choice.
No they didnt come with caps, and I totally forgot to ask when I ordered them. The kicker is that I have seen them sold on one site for like $25 a cap, thats kind of pricey, so Im going to contact Discount Tire and see if they can help me out.

Oh, and for anyone thinking about these, supposedly next month Enkei is releasing the PPF-1 thats exactly the same as the RPF-1, but lighter. By how much I dont know, and Im not sure of the price difference, but thought I would put that out there also.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ebay for caps I would think might be cheaper...or NASIOC. I don't know what size yours are but:

ENKEI Wheel Center Caps Diameter Back = 57.50mm:eBay Motors (item 180430939692 end time Dec-10-09 08:06:16 PST)

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#8 Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Brad, good looking out. Im going to research my wheels and see what I come up with. Thanks.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

I was thinking about putting BBS decals over the STI caps because I'm too cheap to buy BBS caps for my wheels. LOL

Brad

#10 Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
I was thinking about putting BBS decals over the STI caps because I'm too cheap to buy BBS caps for my wheels. LOL
Lol, until I either get caps or figure something out I will try and use my rota caps. Ghetto I know, but better than nothing.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

I am sure Discount has a bunch that will fit that wheel. Surely they have a decent priced/looking option.

Brad

#12 Old 11-16-2009, 05:23 PM

Well the ones in the link you gave me dont seem like they will work, I did email and ask though. I found them for as cheap as $20 a whell, and as expensive as $53 a wheel. The later being special order and colored to match your car, lol. And I also emailed Discount Tire about it. Im still waiting to get my Cobb BOV, so dont have too much to spend on caps, espiecially with Christmas coming up.

**Just got a PM from Discount Tire. These guys are awesome, and quick. The said $19 a cap, so I gotta think about it, maybe order them after next payday. Thanks again for the help Brad.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"

Last edited by newtothegame; 11-16-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: update
#13 Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
A buddy of mine has a gold set of RPF-1s on his black S2000 CR with blue Rays lug nuts - staggered, of course (wider in the back). Good looking wheel, although I didn't like them much at first. For whatever reason, they've grown on me.

Joshua, I apologize that I haven't been keeping track of your tire/wheel situation, but I'm curious:

1. Do you still have the stock 07 wheels or did you get rid of them?

2. What kind/size tires do you currently have on your Rotas?

3. Are you planning to keep your Rotas?

4. What kind/size tires are you planning to use on the Enkeis?

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#14 Old 11-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
A buddy of mine has a gold set of RPF-1s on his black S2000 CR with blue Rays lug nuts - staggered, of course (wider in the back). Good looking wheel, although I didn't like them much at first. For whatever reason, they've grown on me.

Joshua, I apologize that I haven't been keeping track of your tire/wheel situation, but I'm curious:

1. Do you still have the stock 07 wheels or did you get rid of them?

2. What kind/size tires do you currently have on your Rotas?

3. Are you planning to keep your Rotas?

4. What kind/size tires are you planning to use on the Enkeis?
To be honest John I didnt like the RPF-1s for the longest time. But then I kept looking at that style rim for my change I wanted to make. The more and more I looked at them the more I liked them. I just got silver lugs, for now at least.

1.) I dont have the stock rims anymore. I sold them shortly after coming back from my deployment about a year ago.

2.) Im running 225/45/17 Kuhmo (cant remember the exact ones) on the Rotas as of now, and they will switch over to the Enkeis (for several reasons, mostly because I bought new rims and am getting the Cobb BOV, and the build early next year).

3.) I probably wont keep the Rotas, they have seen their far shar of curbs, and one is slightly bent and cant really be fixed.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#15 Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Cool, that answered just about everything. I was just going to say, if you were looking for a few bucks, another guy was looking for some stock wheels a little while ago, but I'm sure you saw that post already. With the Rotas, you could buy one replacement for the one that's bent and sand the curb marks out of the rest of them, paint/powdercoat them, get a nice set of winter tires, and use them for the winter. Then when your Kuhmos wear out, you could get a nice set of summer tires for the Enkeis and you'll be set.

I'm hoping by the time my Michelin All Seasons wear out in several years, I'll have enough saved up to buy a new set of wheels and summer tires for those and then I'll recondition (sand/paint/powdercoat) my stockers and throw a set of winter tires on those and I'll be set for solid year-round driving too. Wishful thinking I guess...

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)