New addition to the driveway - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 09-26-2009, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
New addition to the driveway

but it's not what you think...

It's the wife's, she's always wanted one. It's a 2001 LS1 T-top, 350 hp and 350 lbs tq. The throttle response is amazing. I'm used to waiting until 2500 rpm's for that kind of kick. I was never a Corvette fan, but I am now. Got it for $6000 below blue book with a clean title.

I still have the Subie, with 2 potential buyers in the next couple days. If I sell it I think I'm defecting to Legacy GT's. But their forums suck, nothing like WRXtuners, so I'll probably stay on here
Attached Images

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Of all the vettes so far, I like C5s the best. Congratulations!

John
07 WRX
post #3 of 17 Old 09-26-2009, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
congrats..thats a nice car. enjoy it. i bet that your car could take it though in the 1/4 mile
post #4 of 17 Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
i will always have a small place in my heart for vettes....i'd prefer a 93 Zr-1..

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #5 of 17 Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks, actually it's funny, but this body style was always my least favorite until I really saw it up close, it's so smooth and curvy. I love it. By the way, all the 17 year olds are going to hate me, but switching insurance from a 2003 neon it's $25 cheaper for the Vette, lol. and it gets better gas mileage.

-Brandon
post #6 of 17 Old 09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Nah....the C6s have so much more technology wise. It's night and day. That and i'd rather have HID low beams instead of flip up lights. I drove my friend's 2005 C6 Z51 package and its amazing. RWD and high hp/tq. Puts a smile on your face until its crappy outside. The Z51 in 6th gear gets amazing gas mileage. My friend has sworn to getting 30+ mpg on the highway. I'd just love any vette beyond the 80s vettes. They're an awesome car. Enjoy it chase. I'm jealous. OT...but, I got to drive a '69 stingray vette once. Since then...I love those cars.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
When the C6s first came out, I always got excited and thought I was seeing a Ferrari 360 Modena or a Dodge Viper because of the shape/design of the headlights and the scoop/snout on the front, so I was kind of disappointed when I got closer and found out I was wrong - kind of like the same way I was disappointed when the Chrysler 300 Cs first came out and I always thought I was seeing a Bentley. That mild disappointment kind of ruined both of those cars for me. I like the way the front end of the C5s sort of resemble a Mazda RX-7 and the rear ends are just beautifully sculpted. The pop-up headlights have a classic appeal and they just look right on the car. Lingenfelter (among others) can modify those things like there's no tomorrow, so to me, power is a moot issue. In conclusion, C5s ftw!

(They're all nice though... even those poser C6s)

John
07 WRX
post #8 of 17 Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Haha...poser C6s. They're drive by wire everything....drive by wire clutch and gas definatly. Not sure about the brake. They have a H.U.D. and use key fobs with a push start button. That's impressive to me. I'm not buying a vette to have a awesome interior....which they don't have. I just like the technological difference in the new body styles. C6s can be pimped out by ligenfelter just as easily....i'm sure. Plus when you start out at 405 hp or higher on 2008/09s. Whats not to love....beyond the sticker price.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

A side note: Brandon, make sure your wife is aware of how little ground clearance there is under the front bumper because of the plastic air deflector. I saw a C5 the other day and the plastic air deflector was torn up and almost dragging on the ground (I'm assuming because the driver pulled too far over the curb or parking barrier and it ripped as they backed out of the parking space, or maybe they just hit something in the road). She might already know, but just in case... I'd hate to see that thing get damaged.

John
07 WRX
post #10 of 17 Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thanks. We have a crazy steep driveway, so we're turning approaching it into an art. It's hard to hit it just right. The car is VERY low though, my father in law got back from driving it and said he was pretty sure he scraped his back pockets off getting on the freeway

-Brandon
post #11 of 17 Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
69 Stingray FTMFW. Only vette I would honestly own. Not to say that I do enjoy the site of a good looking C5 or C6 also.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 17 Old 09-30-2009, 04:07 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Eh, my favorite is still the '68 with the 427 and a 4-speed. I'd probably have to put some real brakes on the thing and squeeze in as much rear tire as I could but they're still the best looking and actually came with the proper big block. I laughed at the neon having more expensive insurance but I believe it.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #13 of 17 Old 10-01-2009, 10:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Heh...any old 60 something vette with a fastback looks great. The 427 would be a riot though. I forgot to add that 69 stingray was a convertiable....i felt like a pimp. lol
post #14 of 17 Old 10-01-2009, 11:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
I would totally rock out the stingray or the new zr-1's

but nice car nontheless chase.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #15 of 17 Old 10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Nice car. My mom used to have a 2001 C5 conv. About two years ago she upgraded to the C6 conv. with the 6 speed auto, and Z51. It's got 400HP. I did a 4.5 0-60 on my g-tech. The 2001 did it in 4.9.

Awesome cars. Congrats.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback