Need to vent - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
Need to vent

Sorry guys I need to release some anger. I was at the track the other night with my buddy in his evo when he got challenged to a race by a WRX wagon. I then went to talk to the owner to find out more about the car. The guy acted really strange and distant and I thought something was wrong with him. I managed to extract that he had a VF34, STI injectors, walbro 255, TXS tmic, cobb reflash, an STI clutch and all the other little basics that are included in that setup. I said, "Thats cool man, but be careful with the tranny." He said the tranny was fine and he would never have any problems with it. I told him it has a weak second gear and it may blow out eventually. He got all pissed off and started yelling at me that his transmission will last forever even if he drag races all the time. He asked me if I thought I new more than him
to which I replied yes, because you know nothing about your transmission. Finally his girlfriend freaked out and I left him alone, but not without giving him a big sarcastic thumbs up and his girlfriend a little wave. I later heard him shifting his car incredibly hard. Why can't some people take advice? He was the total geaky guy that felt he was better than anyone because he modified his girlfriends car. (oh yeah, the car wasn't even his). I can't stand people like that. I was just tryin to be nice and give him a tip. Sorry for whoever had to read this but I needed to vent a little.

Boostin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2004, 06:00 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
What a loser. He was probably just trying to sound cool in front of his girlfriend. Who knows, maybe he doesn't know crap about the WRX and just had the $$ to mod it and he didn't research. But yeah I hate people who think they know it all too. But did the WRX wagon race the EVO? Who won?
#3 Old 05-02-2004, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
The WRX won by about a car and a half.

Boostin