Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   My RS4 is broken! can anyone help me? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/my-rs4-broken-can-anyone-help-me-6172/)

Trogdor 10-06-2004 04:18 PM

My RS4 is broken! can anyone help me?

Alright, I picked up a used nitro hpi rs4 a while back. Eveything was fine until the wheels would not stop spinning, even when i tried to start it. I figured the clutch was bad. So being the take-stuff-apart kind of guy that I am, I took the clutch apart. There's 4 little peices of plastic and some spring things in there. One of the peices was stuck(melted?) to the metal housing. Anyway, I don't exactly know what to do, or what i need to buy. Can anyone help me? I know I wasn't too specific on my descriptions, but this is my first nitro car. I've always dealt with electric rc-10's, clodbusters, grasshoppers, etc.

AZ-Scoob 10-06-2004 11:26 PM

I think you can get the instructions from the HPI website, maybe this will help in getting everything right again. I have been looking into the HPI cars, both gas and electric. still not sure which way to go. like the looks and cleanl running of the electric, like th power of the gas, not sure which one I like more. grasshopper... damn, that was the first r/c car I had, that was back in 85' hard to believe it's been that long! let me know what you think of the car(other than the melted clutch) maybe help make my choice.

Trogdor 10-07-2004 11:14 AM

I found a forum for r/c cars that helped with my problem. Appearantly I had the idle set to high, which melted the clutch. Now I have to get new clutch shoes.

You can get some pretty nice power out of electric cars, I'm actually about to convert one of my old electric rc-10s into a drift car. Nitro is fun, messy and expensive. If its not tuned right your going to be replacing glow plugs and everything else. This nitro car tops out around 60mphs or so. It keeps up with traffic very well. No matter what kind of car you get, I would recommend team associated. Their cars and trucks are great, and you can buy single parts instead of a whole tree of parts you dont need.

Ludachris 10-07-2004 02:51 PM

Ahh yes, nitro powered cars are sure fun. I sold mine last year. It got a little time intensive as far as maintaining it. Trying to tune it to run right and keep it all clean required more time than I had to spare. I think I'll go electric next time in order to have something I can just turn on and go - if I wanted more tuning, maintenance, and troubleshooting, I'd just play with my real car :)

Cosmo 10-07-2004 04:19 PM

Sounds like you got the problem figured out. But if you need any more help, let me know. I have raced RC cars for over 15 years. I spent a couple of years as a semi-pro racer sponsored by Serpent. So, you might say I know a thing or two about them.