My new Wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
My new Wrx

Here is my new 2011 WRB Wrx will put up more pics soon. Bought it Jan 11 with 7 miles on it. Right at 5000 miles now. Love it. Much nicer than the 07.

Already took a road trip to Florida. Here are some things I have noticed about the 11. I left Sunday from Oklahoma and from dallas Tx to Mobil Alabama it was pouring rain my tires suck in the rain. They do not hesitate to Hydroplane. The seats are much more comfortable than the 07. Left Port Charlotte,Fl on Wed and drove back to OK all was good on the way home until dallas tons of Ice the rest of the trip. Slowed me down alot but the subaru was awsome definatly traveled faster than the other highway goers. My review on this car with 5000 miles in less than 2 months is that it was very capable and comfortable to drive on long trips.
I drove in every road condition Rain,Snow,Ice,Night,Day,Hot and Cold and the only complaints I have are the tires in the rain,and the frequent stops for fuel but I knew that b4 I bought it. Hands down this car is much nicer than the 07.

Last edited by robert.lshoc; 02-26-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Still on the stock Dunlop SP01's? I've never had any wet weather issues with mine, but they definitely suck on ice/snow.

-Chris
post #3 of 6 Old 02-26-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
yeah still stock tires might just be I-20 that sucks. lots of puddles and 75 mph= hydroplaning
post #4 of 6 Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Full Grown Smokey is an unknown
I've got an 11 too...Stock tires vs. Rain = Bad Idea! I have learned to adhere to the "Summer Performance" rating that they are given and enjoy the Forester on the "non-summer performance" days...

2011 WRX - Mine
2010 Forester - Hers
2010 Outback Sport - Sold
2001 Forester - Daughters
post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

11_WRX_sleeper is an unknown
looks pretty good with no wing. how much did that cost at your local body shop, or did you do that yourself? I also got a 11 wrx and thinking about doing the same thing.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_WRX_sleeper View Post
looks pretty good with no wing. how much did that cost at your local body shop, or did you do that yourself? I also got a 11 wrx and thinking about doing the same thing.
The base model '11s come with no wing. Judging by your fog lights you probably got the premium package, and therefore got the wing. It's probably not worth filling the holes and repainting at a body shop. Your best bet it to look for someone with the same color and swap.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback