my cars engine is being torn down - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Every other morning b4 you leave and it's been sitting all night. In my experience, it's the only time you are able to get a close reading.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Well, yeah...I'm not promoting that you should pull the dip stick at the gas station. Just think about checking it about every other fill up of the gas tank at some point. Preferably when the engine is cold.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#48 Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Thanks guys. You're all very helpful.

So, I think I can at least remember to check it every other day in the morning after it's sat overnight. That way my car won't have any damage caused by me being a total idiot about my oil.

I'm so excited, it is going to be ready this afternoon. ^__________________^

They told me it doesn't need a break in period - just not to redline it....Do they run the engines on a machine or something or is the shortblock already broken in when they get the part in?

Kelly
#49 Old 04-07-2012, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Ask them...is it a "brand new" or a rebuilt motor? Did you get the car back? I don't know if I would trust running it 3k before changing the oil.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#50 Old 04-08-2012, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Got the car back...I didn't ask them. That would've been a good question if it were brand new or rebuilt...

The funnest thing ever: the day I got the car back coming up onto the on ramp I was on a brand new camaro ls's ass on an on ramp just because of tight space. i cut away from him to get over to the far left lane, he floors it, cuts in front of a BUNCH of cars, and so I floor it too just to mess with him. He couldn't get away. I was laughing my ass off. You know he was hitting his head against the steering wheel going "why didn't i get the ss?!?!?!?! i can't get away from this wagon ;____________________________;"

Kelly
#51 Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
thats not too surprising seeing as how new crapmaros weigh eleventy billion pounds

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#52 Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
you forgot the trillion after the billion.

That's exactly why he couldn't get his fat butt away from me though, lol. I seriously bet he was crying inside. And it makes you wonder why the hell people want to get a car that weighs a trillion tons with only like 300 hp - and on top of that, act like they're the hottest shit to hit the road. Sad sad sad.

Kelly