my cars engine is being torn down - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Annnnd I'm totally getting ahead of myself assuming an engine swap would be needed. Don't even know how extensive or WHAT the damage is because they haven't gotten around to checking it out further. I'm assuming rods at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
3 day engine rebuild is...a bit optimistic. If they warranty it they should be providing the rental anyways.
#18 Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Wasn't saying they would have the engine rebuilt in three days, lol. I'm really happy with the service I've received from Austin Subaru though. It seems like they're doing what they can to get the ball rolling as fast as possible, but the warranty people apparently like to wander around sniffing roses on their way out.

Anyway, the warranty rep came to look at it finally, took some pictures, etc etc. Cylinder 4 has some piston play apparently. I guess they are going to take measurements and stuff to see if things match up and try to find the cause of the parts failure.

I should hear back from them later today or Monday, and hopefully once they get the okay from the warranty people the parts will be ordered and then repairs will start getting done.

Estimating a few more weeks without my car...But if the problem is resolved under warranty then I guess this wasn't too much of a pain in the a**...considering I have a loaner car. If I didn't have a loaner car, well then this would just blow.
#19 Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Also, just as a clarification because I was wrong about who is covering what - the "MasterTech" warranty is not a SOA warranty. I thought because I bought the warranty with the car at the Subaru dealership it was an SOA warranty. But it's not. MasterTech is completely separate. Which is why this is taking so long. Apparently had my car been lower mileage and covered by SOA all this waiting would not have happened.

I think MasterTech is trying to figure out if it was a faulty part so they can make SOA pay for it? I don't know. This is such a big run around!
#20 Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Ya, having dealt with 3rd party warranties many times from the business side and they are the biggest pain in the butt. They can take days, if not a week or longer, to get ahold of each time. They never follow up.
#21 Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
A friggin week from the last update?

Tell you what.... You're going to need the parts anyways.. .regardless if it's covered by the warranty. Should have ordered the goodies.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#22 Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Ya I told the service dude that is taking care of my poor little car that I bet it sucks for them having to wait so long too. Cause it's like, it's not their fault if the warranty people are a-holes and take their time - and I'm sure they get buyers who are serious a-holes about the amount of time it takes to get service done on their car because the warranty people suck balls all day long.

And they called me on Monday and told me that they had to put a bug in MasterTechs ear again because they hadn't gotten around to it yet. So Wednesday apparently the rep took some pics of my car.

And the mastertech warrant rep on the phone who wanted to ask me a bunch of questions, wasn't so peachy. He was all, "It's a very unusual problem, one that they've never seen before. The engine looks very clean otherwise" I was like, "Well this just sucks because I JUST got this car, literally like 3 months ago" he was all "Yep, it's not very good when you get a car and suddenly it has problems and has to go into the shop" I didn't like his tone. I felt like giving him a paper cut with my warranty paperwork.

edit: I wish I could just tell them to order the damn parts.
#23 Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they got the okay to order the parts and work on the car under warranty.

I'm happy. They're ordering the parts and I should have my car back in about 2 weeks.

Suck it MasterTech ass who was rude to me. D:<
#24 Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Glad its getting fixed. Score one for warranty work...minus one for having to wait for slow mo warranty reps.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#25 Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
lol you should post a pic of your wrx when its back up and running
#26 Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
or while she's torn down?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#27 Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Well, tomorrow I'm taking the forester back up to the dealership. I was accelerating up to 65 on an on ramp and all of a sudden the check engine, cruise control, and traction control light came on. I was like wtf. It hasn't gone away since Friday. Called my service guy and let him know what was going on. So he's running the codes tomorrow.

I wonder if they'll let me take pictures of it's engine in the shop or if they'll be annoyed I'm asking to get int their way, lol. And definitely will post some more pics when it's back up and running. I'm so excited for mod time after this.
#28 Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
awesome!
#29 Old 04-02-2012, 05:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by agileblue View Post
warranty people suck balls all day long.
This is funny

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#30 Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Well it's cause they do. They can't spit them out to answer the phone.

Kelly