my car is totaled....:( - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-12-2009, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
my car is totaled....:(

i was on my way to San Antonio for my birthday. i was on I-10. it was fogy and a bit rainy. So i was doing the speed limit and had it on cruise control. my phone rang and i looked down, right when i looked back up i was about to be in a ditch so naturally i corrected, but when i did there was a car in the other lane coming in fast so i corrected agin. When i did that my car went into a tailspin and went into the ditch trashed the pole baracade and destroyed my passenger side, then spun did it to the other side, poped up and landed sideways in the ditch. my trunk, bumper, both tail lights, hood, right passenger door, right passenger rear door, front bumper, right front wheel and tie rod were all heavily damaged. and from what i saw far from being able to repair. I just didnt think id go out like this....so soon.

i walked out of it with no cuts or bruises, just really really pissed. i screamed at the top of my lungs for a good 10min. people tried to ask me if i was ok but all i did was just scream. im still pissed about it, all i can really do is wait till the insurance adjuster is done so i can take off my IC and down pipe and try to sell the or something. i waited a local whataburger and slept for a while and when i woke up....this may sound strange...but the STI logo popped in my head, and thats when i realized i knew what had to be done.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2009, 09:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

OBEE_Racing is an unknown
DAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG:eek:..That horrible man! Glad you not hurt tho, thats really good. They always say better things come from the bad... Hope you get that STi dream goin man! Dont let this expirence take you away from what you love.

Chris - 2008 WRX sedan w/ vf52 setup now!
#3 Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Im really sorry for your lost, but this is also why they make cell phone holders (tacky as they may be) that clip to your vents, bluetooth/hands free devices man. Im very glad to hear you arent hurt. Keep us updated as to whats going on and about your parts (in the right area of course).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

stevecrc is an unknown
I am sorry for your lost. But on the other hand, it is really amazing that you walked out without a scratch. It does prove that Subaru has superb crash rating.
#5 Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

thing is i didnt answer my phone i just looked down to see that it light up. dude i love subarus and i refuse to buy anything else. i just that God that im not hurt or paralyzed. Thing is im gona have to roll with the protegey once again, atleast until i get my insurance check. so i can scope out a new subie

Keshav (kay-shuv)
#6 Old 12-12-2009, 09:56 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I understand that you didnt answer it, but where was it placed when you looked at it? Did you take your eyes off the road? Apparently so, man by no means am I trying to be a prick, and am very glad to hear that you didnt get hurt considering hte circumstances, jsut saying that this is something that more and more people of any car make are doing (paying more attention to a phone than the road; kind of goes with I would rather hit a tree than a squirrel scenario). Good luck with the insurance and everything, hopefully they are quick about it, and easy to deal with.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
good thing u were ok also i will ###### only buy a subaru myself or at least a awd after going from a fwd rsx to a awd wrx in winter there is no going back
#8 Old 12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

my phone was placed in my shift boot. all i know is that im thankful im not hurt. josh i understand ## not being a prick, its just something that i shouldnt have really paid much attention to. any way, i told all my friends about what happened and i asked them if they could search for STI's in there area. so far i got 1 hit. there gona go look at it tomorrow and see what the deal is with it, cause the guy posted it for $13,388. i pray that its not a super high mileage or has been molested.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
#9 Old 12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Sorry to hear about the car dude. I walked away from a total in an 89 gl wagon and a few years later an 87 gl wagon. Subaru has not let me down. Hope the insurance helps you out, but your rates are gonna suuuuck. Unless you saw a deer..........did ya?

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#10 Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
sorry to hear that man... good luck
#11 Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Keshav, thanks for understaning. And it does happen, thats why I invested in said things in my previous post. Again Im glad that you are alrite, and best of luck with the search for a new subie.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 12-13-2009, 01:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

i didnt get a ticket at all what so ever. so atleast i dont have that on my record, but still my insurance will still go up a bit because i claimed a clame, and not to mention if i get the STI my insurance will go up a bit so idk im just maken sure that i find something sexual to drive and make sure that i dont repeat the same mistakes i made today. my friends and family are all happy and glad that i made it out alive. even tho i destroyed my wrx im happy that i had it cause it was super legit. i just hope that ill be able to get an STI for relatively cheap cause that would be straight up sick. the one that my friends found was a black 06 so i hope that its a low mileage sti, and if so ill use the insurance check that ill get to pay for it. to be honest im still pissed about the whole situation cause i treated that thing like a baby. but whats done is done and all i can do is look toward the future. all i know is that an STI would be dirty and thats what im lookn for.

if any of you guys could look for a white or black STI in the 77339 area on autotrader or any other car finder cite let me know cause im totally in need of a sexual vehicle.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
#13 Old 12-14-2009, 08:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

RyanG is an unknown
Its not in your area but I know of an 04 STi in new york for 12k. Had I known before I paid 10 for my 04 wagon I would've owned that. Found that one two weeks too late
#14 Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That sucks... Glad yur in one piece.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I'm glad that the car kept you safe. Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story. GL on finding a new subie.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae