My baby got rear-ended!!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The thing that really sucks is that you get the blame for hitting the guy in front of you even though you got pushed into him because you were "not keeping a safe distance," at least that's what I've heard. Is that how it's happening?
Well it's definately the truck behind me's fault. Him hitting me was the whole reason I hit the car in front of me. I was at a complete stop before it happened. Yeah, when I had to talk to insurance they asked me how many hits I felt, but nothing was my fault at all. The guy in the truck got ticketed and his insurance is responsible for paying for everyone, he agreed to the insurance company that it was all his fault.

Well on Friday they went and looked at it...the estimate for now is just a little over $6500.00, and will take about 17-20 days! !Cry!

I'm glad its getting fixed, and I know it'll probbaly look great once they get done, but I'm just a little worried that down the road there might be problems with things going bad prematurely because what happened in the crash. Like something got jolted, or the wiring isn't going to be great, and then it'll malfunciton or quit on me sooner than it should. But I guess I got no control over that...

Oh and when i went back to the dealership to sign some stuff I snapped a pic of the front end (you can't tell but the front door is scratched all the way down too)...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
That definatly sucks
#18 Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow sorry to hear about the mishap. Best of luck to you and the car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Hey everyone, well I went back to the body shop to look at my subie, and they have her completely torn apart !Cry! But it's ok...I guess I'll have a lot of new parts! They said that after taking it apart they noticed a couple of more things wrong, so I don't htink that's gonna help at all getting it back to me sooner. They're still waiting for more parts to come in and other junk like that... But here are some more pics...
Attached Images

#20 Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Update...Well I got a call on Wednesday saying that it went into the paint shop!!! The guy on the phone thinks it might be in there until Monday, and then possibly I can get it back in the later half of the week...On Wendesday it'll be a month!!! O well, I just hope I get it back before the first real snow/freezing (they are expecting snow tomorrow!). Once I get her back I'll snap a few photos and show you all the work!
#21 Old 10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
hopefully you get her back sooner than later...good luck

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#22 Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I honestly know how you feel about not having your car for a month. I really hope you do get it back soon, and its running great. Hang in there man.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 10-28-2009, 11:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Well after 4 1/2 weeks I finally got her back!!! I picked her up Monday after work from the dealer....I have to say she looks pretty good!!! After everything was said and done then total the the insurance company was going to have to pay was $8500ish for parts and labor! Plus another $997 for the rental car that I had for 33 days! After looking it over a bit I noticed a couple other things wrong that should have been fixedm like...
1) They did not paint the right side grill piece, which still has scratch marks in it.
2) The passenger front rim has a couple of small chunks on the outside border that was not there before
3) When they were installing/uninstalling my door panel, they scratched up a good amount on the plastic trim by the door handle
4)The taillights are new but they are scratched up a good amount already...

I really didn't want to make a big deal of those small things, but I wanted to see if they could do anything...I got the Body shop manager out there and as soon as i showed him he agreed and said that all 4 of those things should have not have happened. So now I'm waiting for a call from him saying that my new rim is in so they can replace that and fix the other things
Other than that I am very satisfied with the work...everything seems to be really good...I'm happy I got her back in time before the first snow here and hopefully nothing else will go wrong with her for a long time *knock on wood*...now its time for her long awaited oil and tranny fluid change...hehe
Oh and as a welcome home gift I bought VisiX's kartboy short shifter and bushings that should be arriving today lol...
Attached Images

#24 Old 10-28-2009, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplnmdls View Post
Oh and as a welcome home gift I bought VisiX's kartboy short shifter and bushings that should be arriving today lol...
The status on UPS says delivered so if you don't have it check your doorstep.
#25 Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
glad to see you got your baby back.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#26 Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisiX View Post
The status on UPS says delivered so if you don't have it check your doorstep.
Yep! They were there when I got home from work! The shifter is a lot smaller than I imagined and the bushings are a lot bigger than I imagined...o well maybe install tmrw! lol thanks!!!
#27 Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by booosted09 View Post
glad to see you got your baby back.
Thank you!!!
#28 Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Congrats on getting your car back!! Looks great!