Most outrageous questions about your subie - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Man, this thread is severly OT and it's starting to journey over to the realms of: Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie - NASIOC. Btw, there is 156 pages of OT, flaming, and god knows what else. Nasioc is helpful for parts but man it is rediculous when it comes to the shit that goes on those threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

LeohMit is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Intercooler's don't cool off the turbo. They cool off the pressurized intake air coming from the turbo. Sorry to nitpick...
Sorry, I did not want to confuse him more than he already was.

& I mean WHITE TRASH. He is from Central Il. Not the South. South is just Whisky Tango.

Tim "That Thangs Got Turbo?"
#33 Old 10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Man, this thread is severly OT and it's starting to journey over to the realms of: Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie - NASIOC. Btw, there is 156 pages of OT, flaming, and god knows what else. Nasioc is helpful for parts but man it is rediculous when it comes to the shit that goes on those threads.
^ this was OT. LOL

Quote:
My friend thinks that a turbo car has multiple BOVs, he keeps referring to them as blow off valves. Such as, "I love that SRT-4 with the turbo and those blow off valves..." Because some SRT-4 wanted to race me in my Jetta a couple months ago and kept spooling his turbo and the BOV "Pshhhoo" next to me. I was just like, yeah right like i'm going to race you on this busy ass street....
What is up with SRT-4 Owners??? seriously, i always get reved at when im stopped at a red light, and yes street racing is pretty stupid. I had one guy in a Neon blow past me on the interstate, cut me off, and then i saw him at the T intersection on the offramp. and he yelled at me "Is that all that thing has got???". I just threw up my arms and shook my head and went about my business. Its kind of funny, coasting at 55mph on the interstate is considered racing. and once again, street racing is unsafe and stupid.
#34 Old 10-03-2008, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It was OT, but i figured if you were that interested in this subject. You should find some reading material. Haha. I'm holding back my urge to flame srt-4 owners here. Just know that. I don't street race, i just call it. "Passing people that are pissing me off." LOL Which is normally a one sided event.

I've had the normal silly/stupid questions. Such as: does that thing have a V6/V8? That's normally after they ask how much horsepower and I say 300 crank. That and people telling me to get a BOV/MBC and it'll help out greatly. I just tell them....no thanks I want my engine to last and not get grenaded through stupidity.
#35 Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

06dubbrx ltd is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
Ive gotten, "yooooo is that thing a kia?" that one personally upset me " nice car bro you should boost it", "nice you got the hood scoop" to which i reply 2000000billion times it needs the hood scoop!!"scoobies are austrailian right? " look his radiator is ontop"
lol. My co-worker told me the same thing, I gues it,s because of the damn alteza tail lights. Sorry if I spelled that wrong. That actually hurt my feelings. I been trying to get the 04-05 tail lights on ebay ever since. ( I always get out bidded)
#36 Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXpwnz00r is an unknown
the other day i was cruising with some friends and 1 of their friends came along in my car, (i have the spt intake) so he heard the blow off sound and he got scared saying "O S#@$!!! your tire is leeking air, pull over" i just kinda smirked, downshifted and took off =]
#37 Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

SilverSuby is an unknown
OK ok, I was at a car show not too long ago and I wasnt even in the car show but I still had my hood up for my friends right. Well one of the judges..........a judge, came up to me and apparently thought the wrx was actually an svt because he asked how i turbo'd the suzuki engine. So i replied, no no no, it came turbo man and before I could even tell him it was a subaru he says, I dont know how you young kids can afford to have cars imported like that and walked away. I stood there in aww.

When I turn my car on............it returns the favor!
#38 Old 10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
here are mine i drive an 04 sti
-some wannabe kid told me i had a nice legacy, i just laughed.
- another kid walked up to me and asked if i had front wheel drive, and i said no he shrugged and walked away.
on another note i think this is funny, it is not a bad thing but their is this mentally challenged kid that live down the street from me. every time i go by him i rev it and he shouts nice car.
#39 Old 10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj kiter View Post
on another note i think this is funny, it is not a bad thing but their is this mentally challenged kid that live down the street from me. every time i go by him i rev it and he shouts nice car.
Even that kid knows a badass car when he sees one.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#40 Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
One of my students was trying to compare my coworkers g35 to my 06 wrx. He found out the g has a v6 but the other kids were like ahh but Mr. E's car is hooked up he can take the g35, so the student was like ohh how many cylinders do you have? I replied with 4, so he goes to my coworker, yo he has a 4 cylinder!!!.......and it's hooked up!!!!
#41 Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
My coworker is always asking me to do a 4 wheel burnout. I always tell him I like my transmission in functioning order and decline.
#42 Old 10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
Recent dumb questions:

1. Is that a stock color?
2. Is that AWD?
3. That thing got a turbo? Where's the intercooler?
4. How's the hole shot on it? (Asked by a kid in an M3 at a stop light)
5. What's done to that thing? (usually if they say "thing," I just say alot)

Had one guy look at the headlights and say "That's cute, it looks like a Neon." So I punched him in the face... Ok so not really, but I wanted to.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
#43 Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow, the compared your Subie to anything in Dodges stable, thats a shame. Stupid people. I think I would have punched him Taxi. Good restraint.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#44 Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 CrazyTaxi View Post
Had one guy look at the headlights and say "That's cute, it looks like a Neon." So I punched him in the face... Ok so not really, but I wanted to.
+1000 Holy crap that drives me nuts

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#45 Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
today a guy was looking down the hood scoop and told me i should never drive in the rain, why because it will go into the intake under the hood scoop. i died and told him it is an intercooler. he said o and went away.