Montana I need your help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
Montana I need your help

I found an STI in montana and I am thinking about buying it. The only problem is I live in TX and I cant physicaly see the car. So i was wondering if anyone could go check the car out for me. The car is locate at the army base in great falls. If anyone can help please pm me.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
I'm not near there, but if I was I'd have a hard time taking on the responsibility of inspecting a car for someone else. If you decide it's worth looking hard at, hire an inspection company like those recommended on ebay. They guarantee your satisfaction I think. Otherwise, fly out and take a look. At least you're only out a plane ride if it's trashed.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
post #3 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ahhh forget it. the whole thing was a scam. im just gona look in texas only. i found a couple of them here so ill just see what i can find.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #4 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I wouldn't rule out out of state buys just yet, if you do decide to buy out of state, there are great mobile mechanics you can hire that usually advertise through craigslist. Check first that they are reputable, but for about $200 you can have it inspected top to bottom, checking for leaks, body repairs, head gasket testing, compression, the whole 9. Actually, I would have this done even if ou buy in state. The right deal will come, just be patient. I shopped for 4 months to find my STi. I kept phone numbers and waited for desperation to kick in, called later even if they'd pulled their ads. And it that exactly how I got mine.

And what's your price range? The first one you talked about was like $13,000, way too low to be legitimate. This one was a scam, maybe you should stick with a WRX for now instead of having to get a crappy STi? Just a thought.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #5 of 8 Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
maybe you should stick with a WRX for now instead of having to get a crappy STi?
That one caught me off guard for a sec... I think - I HOPE - you meant that he would be better off getting a WRX that's in good shape than an STi that's in crappy shape if he had a choice between the two. I must have read that a little too fast the first time because I thought you said STis were crappy. Heh.. just a little clarification for anyone else who might have thought the same. STis are not crappy, unless they are

I agree, don't skimp on the inspection. Make it thorough. A car is a pretty big investment for most of us.

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 8 Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

im probably just gona get an 04-05 sti from an auto insurance auction. thats how i got my wrx.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #7 of 8 Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Remember when you buy up north/coastal, you are chancing salt issues Keshav

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #8 of 8 Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

indeed. accelerated wear and tear on the undercarage and suspension components sucks.

Keshav (kay-shuv)