Made my son cry for no reason - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Made my son cry for no reason

So my son has a problem with leavin his bike parked behind the garage door. Yesterday while backing out I heard the loudest most terrible grinding noise, I swore I must of ran over his bike. I was so mad before even checking it out I start going off on my son telling him I'm throwing his bike away and not buying him a new one. He started welling up with tears telling me he didn't leave his bike out, so I get out to take a look. Well there was no bike no nothing, I was very confused. I get back in the car and try backing out agin same thing happened. After doing some thinking I found the problem, there was a very small pebble trapped between the rotor and the little metal plate on my front right wheel. I've had rocks trapped in my brakes before and never has it sounded so horrable as this, I couldn't believe that a rock so small could make such a noise. Anyway boy do I feel like a complete jackass, so we are on the way to toys r us today to let him pick out whatever he wants. He feels a lot better knowing he gets a new toy but I still feel like a jerk.!Cry!

Last edited by black beast2; 08-01-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Meh it happens, shows your kids that parents make mistakes to. Personally my dad would have just been, "Oh well then just make sure you DON'T leave it behind the car." No new toy nothing, just a stern voice and yelling...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Lol if I could count the times my dad yelled at me for something HE did it would be a decent number. I'm already planning on doing it to my future kids someday.

-Chris
#4 Old 08-01-2011, 03:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
That'll teach him.
#5 Old 08-01-2011, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Lol if I could count the times my dad yelled at me for something HE did it would be a decent number. I'm already planning on doing it to my future kids someday.
A hint of fear is what keeps the kids in line. My mom whipped my butt once because she left pictures on my hamsters cage and he chewed them up. After a while she realized that she had left them there...This is of course after my dad whipped my butt because my mom had told him that I lied about it....Silly parents and people wonder why I have no kids...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just helps keep everyone honest. No harm, no foul. I have a hard time realizing/remembering that my children arent soldiers, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
At ease pvt noah...lol

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#8 Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
At ease pvt noah...lol
Its sad, my 20+ year old soldiers act just like him, "what" is the standard reply unfortunately, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
They don't know what "at ease" means? LOL Or just say "what" to everything?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#10 Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
They don't know what "at ease" means? LOL Or just say "what" to everything?
Oh, I have re-educated them on "at ease" and standing at parade rest when addressing a senior to them. And "what" or "why" is the standard fair when they are told to do something. To be honest the caliber of soldier has gone down over the last couple years.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
My dad used to get mad at me for leaving tools out in the garage. He still blames me for tools he cant find now and I havent lived with him for 21 years now. Hes starting to figure out that it might not have been me leaving the tools out.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903