Mad when others diss your car? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-13-2004, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

rob250 is an unknown
that sux's bro...... YOu gotta find a good spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darkstar is an unknown
Not long after buying my WRX I went for a drive on the coast Hwy 1. A few guys with very unfriendly faces driving a Honda si started giving me thumbs down. At first I was mad, then a minute later I start to smile and I can’t stop smiling.

Just have to feel sorry for them, must have really hated their own ride.

One rex to rule them all, One rex to find them, One rex to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Subaru where the RE92s lie.
#18 Old 08-18-2004, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
I get a lot of flack for driving a wagon, lots of people saying it is a grandmother's car and whatnot... but I have had more than one cop mistake it for an Outback (it is clean of those pesky WRX Badges) The Accident report from therear-ending said "Outback" Scribbled out then "Impreza" and "2door" scribbled out, "4door" scribbled out, "5door"

the other cop was my brother-in-law, when I first got it he was like "Dang man that sucks they wouldnt sell you a WRX?" then I took him for a ride...

I like to keep em guessing.

now if only they would release an STi spec wagon for the US... Maybe by the time I can afford one they will make one.
#19 Old 08-19-2004, 02:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
sti wagon would rule!! i got a thing for wagons but i wanted the sedan in a wrx mainly because the wagon looked funny to me, something not right.... but the 04's look somewhat better. but thier still nice.
#20 Old 08-19-2004, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipo_wrx
sti wagon would rule!! i got a thing for wagons but i wanted the sedan in a wrx mainly because the wagon looked funny to me, something not right.... but the 04's look somewhat better. but thier still nice.
That's funny cause I think the exact opposite. I think the new body doesn't look so good on the wagon but the old is teh hotness. Everyone's got an opinion right!

I have long waited for STi Wagon. Someone here said they don't even offer it in Japan and don't make them anymore?!
#21 Old 08-19-2004, 10:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Back in my stupid days when I had my '91 240sx I pulled up to someone in a Rex wagon and he was reving his engine. I knew what a WRX was but I had no clue they made them as a wagon also. I just laughed at this guy in his "station wagon" and waited for the light to turn green. Imagine the look on my face when this "wagon" immediately launched and had a good 2 car lengths on me by the end of 1st gear. He handed me mine about 12 times just in that 1 race . I couldn't imagine a 300 hp STI wagon. That thing would BEG to embarrass people all day long.

Solice
#22 Old 08-20-2004, 12:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

ACiD is an unknown
????

Aren't they gopnan change the body styles on the rex next year?

[COLOR=Red]No Excuses Racing [/COLOR]
#23 Old 08-20-2004, 05:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
I know they changed the interior and wheels for '05 but I haven't heared anything as far as the '06s yet
#24 Old 08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solice
I couldn't imagine a 300 hp STI wagon. That thing would BEG to embarrass people all day long.
Solice
Just wait when I am rich and famous you will see a full power-train swap with a Wrecked STi on my wagon...

Untill then I can only dream of spending 20k on my car making it an STi
#25 Old 08-21-2004, 02:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
i could only dream of getting 20k to spend period
#26 Old 08-24-2004, 03:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Antyoo is an unknown
depending on who the person is, i have different reactions to people that talk shit about my car

when i had my 97 celica, i put a custom turbo setup on it, and a couple junior high skater kids heard that i had a BOV, so one said to my sister "that's weak, his car is slow"

kid has a 60's el camino that is currently being used as storage for extra bags of trash until garbage day. he also said my friends 72 el camino was crap as well(it was a good car, and quick)

i just walked up to him and said

first of all, dont talk shit about anyone's car until you are driving, second, your car is slow, 3rd i know more about your car than you do, 4th get your licence and we will race and see which car is "weak"

then i just ignore some people. some i just make small remarks and walk away, like one guy that said you have one of those crappy 4cylinder cars with the buzzing exhaust dont you. i just said, the car will suprise you.

i also liked saying dont judge a car by its badging.

but with my WRX, people dont talk shit to me. they just look at my car and ask if its an STI. i say no, but its definately no stock. then they say "you turboed it?" i say no, subaru did
#27 Old 08-24-2004, 06:04 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antyoo
then they say "you turboed it?" i say no, subaru did
Haha I like that
#28 Old 08-31-2004, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
HAHAHA,
We have our local trash crew up here with Beat up civics and Ford festivas with undercar neons with stock motors and unpainted body kits that tell everyone "Those WRX guys think they are better than us" "I could buy a fast stock car too if i wanted to". Some of those guys are allright with good heads on their shoulders workin with what they got. But the ones who talk smack are the ones i am refering to. Now i have friends with turbo H22 Civic Hatchbacks, and 240 sx's with the full s15 front end conversion AND sr20DET motor swap. Not too mention all of my friends who own evos and sti's and yes....HIGH POWERED CIVICS.....All i have to say is i dont think i am better than them..I KNOW i am better than them. !Laugh!

"When you are on top......Mother Fu**ers allways wanna bring you down"
As stated by P-Diddy