Let's talk Legacy GT's - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Let's talk Legacy GT's

I'm trying to consider all my options, I'm not sure if I'm going for an STi, revamping the WRX, or going for a Legacy GT. We'd like something a little bigger, so I want to check into a Legacy. So what do we know about them? I know they use VF series turbo's as well, are they the same setup as the STi / WRX? Are they compatable downpipe wise, up-pipe wise, or to use aftermarket innercoolers made for the STi? Basically I'm not very serious about getting one if I can't upgrade to an aftermarket 16g (or similar) and of course supporting mods, ie AVO or APS innercooler, up pipe and 750's.

Also how do they handle comparatively? I know they are about 3450, weighing in at about 500 lbs over an STi. I've done some investigating, but I know nothing about them so
I figured it would be way faster to get some quick info from you guys. Thanks!

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Subaru Legacy Forums

I bet you'd have better luck finding the info you're looking for on that site. Honestly, I never really paid much attention to LGTs - except when I happen to see a tastefully modded one rolling down the street, in which case, I probably gave the driver a thumbs up.

John
07 WRX
#3 Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Are you lookin at a 09 or a 10? I like the older one alot better...One of my buddys has one and its pretty quick..even though its an Auto.
#4 Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
05 actually, I did a search for forums and didn't see any, all the links were dead ends. Thanks for that one.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#5 Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
The 05 LGT is essentially the same car as the 2008 WRX. You can put a VF52 turbo as an upgrade, or you have to buy a custom built 16g. They are not the same as any STi. The downpipe is the same on the manual, but different on the auto only with the rear mounting tab being different. The 2008 and up WRX has allot more room then your wrx btw. That back seat is allot more comfortable.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin