this just doesn't seem right. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
this just doesn't seem right.

'98 GSX?

4100 for that? kbb puts it at $7k in "good condition" and thats probably under "excellent." i want to email him and ask why so cheap, but i'm afraid it may be one of those "doesn't realize what he has" kind of things which will cause a price raise. i have a job interview soon so i may be getting a loan soon so if i could get this car that'd be great, but i think i have the right to be suspicious of that car at that price.

what's everyone else's input?

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I almost bought one exactly like that before I bought my WRX, the dealership that I went to wanted $12K for it (with 80K on the clock). More than likely, it's $14K. The mileage is excellent for that car and it's in really good condition.

The only way I could see that car only being $4100 is without an engine.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #3 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

poser is an unknown
look out for scams. I have come across several different cars and motorcycles selling at half what they are worth. Then I emailed the seller and they are all over seas and are willing to pay for shipping if want to buy it. the catch is they want half up front.
I did some research online and found several stories of people who had fallen for this scam and lost a few thousand dollars.
Becareful. if they ask for any money up front I wouldn't trust it.
or the guy may not realize what he has.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
well being as i dont have the cash and the guy lives pretty close (7 mi from my zip) once i get a little cash i may send the guy a message and ask to see the car. no one will be getting any money without me meeting them in person first and seeing the car. i thought about the typo thing but i will have to wait to find out in case its not a typo and then the guy raises it.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'
post #5 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
once a friend of mine was buying an Eclipse GS as a dailey beater... $1,000 no a/c 80k miles on the clock, crappy interior, peeling paint...

The jip-joint car lot that had it was selling it for $1,000 As is... he looked it and immediatly bought it, got the title transferred, then told us about it...

I kid you not... it was a GSX but the X badge was missingn (he looked at the engine to make sure there were no oil leaks and he was suprised to see a bone stock turbo motor in there)... he bought it for $1,000 because the dealer didn't look up the VIN and he went through a title company so he never actually saw the title untill it was too late... needless to say my buddy had a pretty sweet 1k beater
post #6 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

ManicsWrX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ManicsWrX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain_Racer
once a friend of mine was buying an Eclipse GS as a dailey beater... $1,000 no a/c 80k miles on the clock, crappy interior, peeling paint...

The jip-joint car lot that had it was selling it for $1,000 As is... he looked it and immediatly bought it, got the title transferred, then told us about it...

I kid you not... it was a GSX but the X badge was missingn (he looked at the engine to make sure there were no oil leaks and he was suprised to see a bone stock turbo motor in there)... he bought it for $1,000 because the dealer didn't look up the VIN and he went through a title company so he never actually saw the title untill it was too late... needless to say my buddy had a pretty sweet 1k beater
NICE

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
post #7 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
car was listed two hours ago.

gone now.

you might as well close this one.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼