Just the beginning - Page 7 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#91 Old 08-17-2009, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
My little guy will be a car nut like me, and hes going to learn what real punk music is also. Or at least I hope so. Funny thing about the car, today the girlfriend and I went and had lunch, I picked her up at the apartment. Asked her how the baby was (he never sleeps I swear), and she said he has been real calm all day. Well we get in my car (and I switch back to the 20 PSI map without here knowing, ) get out to the street and hit it hard in second. She about jumped out of her seat because she said the baby kicked her so hard right as I hit peak boost, lol.
thats awesome.....the baby already knows when the fun hits... oh yea...what do you consider real punk music
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Im a diehard Misfits fan, I have a half sleeve of their stuff alone. But Im really into stuff like The Ramones, Rancid, Operation Ivy, the list goes on, not this EMO sh!t they call punk now.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#93 Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
yea i hear that...i only like the old school misfits with danzig....and let me just say...i hate ####y emo kids...rather hang out with a bunch of girls who likw Hanna Montana...
#94 Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I hear you about the EMOs. I hate going to the mall or anything because they run around in packs there and its just ridiculous. They do it because its "cool", thats not what it means to be punk or anything. But speaking of Misfits, I have several times thought about getting the Chrimson Ghost put on my back windshield. Just dont know if I want the attention or flaming from other people because I did something I wanted to my car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#95 Old 08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
just settle for a little crimson ghost off in the corner..
#96 Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Might get some made to put on the front of the mirror. Try to get them as close to the color of the car as possible. I have PIA stickers from my shop I still have to decide where to put. I have the Cobb ones in the top left and right corners of my rear window.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#97 Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Just an update, and for people that have asked about the cost of upgrading thier transmission. I just got off the phone with Mat (formerly of DS1) and he sent me my initial invoice for the work I will be getting done while deployed. The cost of PPGs 1-4 Helical (stock 5th gear) is $4,000, Mfactory front LSD $650, Clutchmaster Stage 3 clutch $750, Act StreetLite Flywheel (13.9Lbs) $250, Transmission Rebuild $500, and un-install/install of tranny $350. Im also upgrading brakes (pads, lines, rotors and fluid) getting gauges (EGT, oil pressure, Wideband A/F), sways/endlinks, Grimmspeed 3port BCS re-tune, engine and tranny mounts also.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#98 Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It should be a blast once you get her back.
#99 Old 11-09-2009, 03:16 PM

No more worrying about the transmission at least. I mean Im not going to go out and try to do AWD burnouts, but I will finally feel confident to take it to the track for a few runs.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#100 Old 11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Dang, that's a long list. Let me know when you're in chi-town. I could give you a lift after you drop off the car or something.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#101 Old 11-09-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Dang, that's a long list. Let me know when you're in chi-town. I could give you a lift after you drop off the car or something.
Its a long list, but one that needs done to me. I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I wont be delivering my baby personally. I wont even be in the country. It will be be put in the shop around May or June while Im deployed in Iraq again. But thanks again.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#102 Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, you're living my semi-realistic dream man. I need to find myself a decent job so I can catch up with you.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#103 Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Wow, you're living my semi-realistic dream man. I need to find myself a decent job so I can catch up with you.
Its taken 3 years, and now a second deployment to get there. But it helps keep me interested in the car also. Next step, forged engine (in 1-3 years, lol). The Army is always hiring, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#104 Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Starting early on the recruiting job? LOL
#105 Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Starting early on the recruiting job? LOL
HAHAHA, Im just practicing...lets see if it works, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"