Just the beginning - Page 6 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#76 Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
...or you can throw it on the womans car!

post up some vids of the tune, good luck and hopefully it will all stay together this time.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#77 Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Excellent news. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Just curious why you thought the 05 Stage 2 was so lame I saw on Cobb's site that the 06/07 makes 50 more torques (that's what they say on Top Gear ), so that could explain it. That also explains why Stage 2 07's have a hard time keeping their trans. together.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#78 Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
...or you can throw it on the womans car!

post up some vids of the tune, good luck and hopefully it will all stay together this time.
She said she doesnt want a fast car, lol, she wants a PRETTY car. am I supposed to say to that. Because the idea already ran through my head. But the other tubo is sold as of last nite already thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Excellent news. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Just curious why you thought the 05 Stage 2 was so lame I saw on Cobb's site that the 06/07 makes 50 more torques (that's what they say on Top Gear ), so that could explain it. That also explains why Stage 2 07's have a hard time keeping their trans. together.
No disrespect to the 05s or previous years by any means. I have seen plenty faster and better built than I ever will go with my 07. The reason MY 05 sucks (well it really isnt mine) is because its an AUTOMATIC. No choosing your gear, no telling when the power is coming really. I almost forget Im driving sometimes. I just have been driving a manual transmission since I was 10 years old, and wont switch until the day I absolutely have to.

Numbers will be posted directly after I get back from the shop, which should be in a few hours from now

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#79 Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
good luck! i am excited for you! let me know when your tranny breaks and where i can get it rebuilt. i can feel mine hurting after only 2 months since my turbo swap....
#80 Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Just got back from the tune, Tim Bailey is awesome. Had a minor set back, but fixed it after a few trouble shooting steps. At my "high" boost of 20 PSI made 330 AWHP and almost 330 ft/lbs of tq. The car hits like a train. Im very pleased of how the power delivers and feels. Im actually only running 16 PSI now which is just shy of 300HP.

I will post videos and the pic of my first 20 PSI map that was for 326 AWHP and 319 ft/lbs of tq. Tim gave me about 8 maps. Ones for here (in WA) from wastegate pressure 16, 18, and two different 20 PSI maps. I he also gave me maps for when I move to Kansas and get nothing by 91OCT. I couldnt be more happy with the car and way it turned out.

07VTRex, Im not one bit worried about my transmission. I know the limits and the abilities to it and will restrain from abusing it. But I have a transmission going in when I deploy from DS1 motorsports. Contact them and talk to them about it.
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#81 Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Some videos on the rollers (again)

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#82 Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You might want to tell that jeep to back up or the exhaust temps will melt its paint... just kidding. Nice to see its up and running.
#83 Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jose002 is an unknown
Congrats man! Nice to see it up and running,
#84 Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Sounds like it's gonna be fun. I'm not sure if I could stop myself from running the 326HP map all the time

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#85 Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 PM

Thanks guys.

Blk05WRX, the first time boost hit 20 PSI in 2nd, I serisously almost SH!T my pants. The boost was so smooth and quick, it was a blast. I ran it all the way from the shop to the house, about 20 minutes away. But now Im running the 18PSI map, I only lose about 10-12 HP, but the same hard hit from the boost. Im pretty sure this will hold me over for about a year.

Tim actually advised me to not really mess with the setup too much. He said the TMIC and the turbo are a great match.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#86 Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sounds awesome! Makes me want to look for used top mounts, injectors, etc. I can't with 2 boys on the way. My wife gave me the evil eye when I ordered a Ken Block t-shirt. She suggested I should be buying baby clothes. I wonder if DC Shoes makes kids sizes.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#87 Old 08-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Sounds awesome! Makes me want to look for used top mounts, injectors, etc. I can't with 2 boys on the way. My wife gave me the evil eye when I ordered a Ken Block t-shirt. She suggested I should be buying baby clothes. I wonder if DC Shoes makes kids sizes.
I have a son on the way in October, so Im sure I will be on hold for awhile, but my deployment is coming in March. Just keep an eye out and if you have to buy part by part until you are ready. I have been saving for so much and so long, lol. My girl actually almost bought me dang near half the stuff from DCs website. We had an arguement about why she shouldnt do it. But about kids DC shoes, if you got a mall nearby look for a store named Journeys, they have kids Pumas, DCs, Converses, at least at the ones here they do.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#88 Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sweet. My kids are gonna be pimped out in Subaru gear.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#89 Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 PM

My little guy will be a car nut like me, and hes going to learn what real punk music is also. Or at least I hope so. Funny thing about the car, today the girlfriend and I went and had lunch, I picked her up at the apartment. Asked her how the baby was (he never sleeps I swear), and she said he has been real calm all day. Well we get in my car (and I switch back to the 20 PSI map without here knowing, ) get out to the street and hit it hard in second. She about jumped out of her seat because she said the baby kicked her so hard right as I hit peak boost, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#90 Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
well i'm glad to see you are headed in the right direction....