Just the beginning - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
sorry I forgot they discontinued it b/c that 68HTA is like some mad combination thing that is supposedly better than there 20G...but Worldoneperformance in Kent could probably help you out...and there pretty close to you if I remember my geography

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Matt you are a genius, I forgot all about them, sounds like time for a field trip, lol.

Only 32 minutes away. Just got to get the GF out of bed.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#63 Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
lol glad to be of help

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#64 Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Man you have no idea how excited that made me. Unfortunately I have to wait about 45 minutes for them to open, give them a call to see what they have there in stock and hopefully take the trip up there to get a turbo. The price is a couple hundred more than blouch, but has the water/oil lines and is coated and polished already, plus no shipping. Oh god it feels like christmas again, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#65 Old 08-07-2009, 06:02 PM

Well I made the trip up to World One, no go, not turbos other rotated, and thats just not my thing right now. So I drove all the way back down from Kent to my tuners and told them the situation. They were like hold up, we might have something for you. I dont know who they called or where its coming from but tomorrow morning they will have a TD06-20G with my name on at cost, no markup or anything. Its not the TD05 I wanted, but beggers cant be chosers at this point and time, just stoked to be getting my baby back sometime tuesday.

BTW Matt do you know SBRs hours? I cant find them on their website, and I want to talk to them about getting my money back before just calling up the credit card place and reversing the payment. I would love to have some type of compensation considering I bought a new turbo plus shipping, then shipped it there to get fixed, plus the car has been sitting in a shop for 4 weeks.

Oh well whatever, stay tuned for some numbers again, and finally ones that will stick.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#66 Old 08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Nice...at least PIA is pulling their weight. Businesses can sometimes get stuff quicker over the average joe. Because the place they purchased from knows they can get repeat business with quick turn arounds to a business, while the average joe may or may not come back with the quickest shipping possible. Man, just pray this turbo has the turbo ring in the correct way. ::knocks on wood:: I want to see your numbers that way it'll give me a rough idea of what i'm getting. I'm still in saving mode. Haha.
#67 Old 08-07-2009, 09:11 PM

You know, to me they arent pulling anyones weight. They are just really great guys and are looking out for me. I really wish there was a way to repay them. They have really looked out for me over the time I have been here and dealing with them. I wish I was able to keep business with them.

Im kind of a little more excited than last time since Im getting the TD06-20G instead of the TD05. They said I should get better/higher numbers, not that I need them but who knows. I wish I was back to save mod Kirt, this spending mode is too easy, lol, and not in a good way.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#68 Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Alrite, turbo arrived this morning to the shop (PIA). Dont know where they got it or anything, but its a TD06-20G, whatever I dont care right now, its installed also. So come tuesday at 10AM Mr. Tim Bailey is going to take another crack at the car and see what we can put down. Im just stoked to finally be able to drive my baby after not having it for 4 weeks. The 05 was getting REALLY boring to me.

And another note I get to call Slow Boy Racing and let them know to re-imburse me for a faulty turbo they sent me and I sent back. Hope it goes better than just trying to find out what was going on with their POS unit.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#69 Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

07_WRX_85 is an unknown
Wow man. reading this - I think I will stick to stock for a long while.... Can't be without my whip for a four weeks! Sorry about all the bull they seem to be putting you through!
#70 Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 PM

Trust me, its not supposed to take this long or I would have never done it either. Just do a little better research for parts and vendors thats all. The problem is I should have known better, but the deal was actually to good to be true. Once this is all said and done with I know that the car will be a blast to drive, even more so than the stage 2 setup. The worst is going to be trying to talk to Slow Boy and getting my money back.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#71 Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Yea man congrats on finding a solution by tuesday. I hope u get ## money back.

I think you are better off with the td06 than the td05 20g. I know it's kind of last minute thing for you know but I think a td05 with a 8cm hotside would be the best of both of both worlds. Fast spool and higher top end.

I know you could care less at this point, just glad to be back in your car with more hp. Congrats man.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#72 Old 08-08-2009, 10:58 PM

Im a little disappointed (at least its a TDO6-20G 7cm^2), but the shop said Tim can tune it to where you cant tell the difference in spool between the TDO5 and TDO6, and beggars cant be chooser. Guess its nice to know theres more on the top end also if I want it. And I will get my money back one way or the other. Even if I have to pay the small fee for reversing a payment on my credit card, I still get the majority of the money back to help pay for another turbo.

Tuesday is going to be like the best day since I cant remember when, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#73 Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Just be glad you get it back and with a turbo that'll work. ::Knocks on wood:: I'm trying my hardest to pray for good things to happen. I want to see what your car puts out.
#74 Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Well when I was at the tuner the other day, while they were making some calls we were discussing options. We were going to runt he stocker again, just be maxed out more than likely. But Im very glad to be putting on some sort of upgraded turbo with more power potential. Problem is going to have to get used to the power again. The 05 is highly lacking in that department compared to the stage 2 07 I was used to, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#75 Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM

Alrite so tomorrow is the big day AGAIN. I got me a TDO6-20G this time. Not happy at all with Slow Boy Racing. They wont take the turbo back. So in a couple days I will have a brand new TDO5-20G if anyone is interested or knows someone. Its not the one I sent them, they are sending me a brand new unit all together, dumb, but maybe I can get some of my money back.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"