Just the beginning - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So what's the word? Are you still without a car?

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Saturday will be 2 weeks that I have been without it. I just called Blouch this morning and SBR was supposed to call me but apparently didnt. So Im still waiting to see if I get a complete new one, or the change out the cold section and wheel on the one I sent them. I will be sure to keep everyone updated. Tim Bailey is supposed to be at PIA sometime in the beginning of next month so I really want the turbo in before then. Im getting tired of seeing my car in the handicap parking space at the tuners, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#33 Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

oldspower71 is an unknown
Hey what splitter are you gonna run with that TurboXS? Or are you just gonna cut the stocky? Im installing a spearco and looking at options for a good splitter. VERY nice setup BTW, im looking at doing something very similar in the future. Almost have my STI tranny swap fund together! Sorry to hear about your troubles. 2 weeks without your car! !Cry!

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
Cobb Stage 2-protuned by P&L
#34 Old 07-23-2009, 02:13 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Im trying to get a hold of a zerosports one, but the funds are quickly dwindling because of the set backs. Im really looking forward to the turbo (again) it was making great power at a low boost, so it should hold me for awhile.

Why are you doing the 6spd if you dont mind me asking? There are a few other options that are much cheaper and easier than the STI swap.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#35 Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Doing a PPG gearset is about the same cost installed....if not more. P&L will swap it with a brand new 6spd for 4500 installed. I was gonna do it myself to save on install, ive done it before....but I dont know...laziness. Haven't really researched anything else. What are you referring to? I realize alot of people just switch out 1st and 2nd.

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
#36 Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Get a hold of DS1, the have a stock ration 5spd swap they do for around $3k or so and its good up to 450 Ft/lbs or so. Its what they use on their shop cars, both drag and time attack cars. Thats what Im leaning towards when I decid to buiild the rest of my car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#37 Old 07-25-2009, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

REALLY? Nice thanks man ill look into that 4 sure. Ive heard good things about DS1. 450 Ft/lbs is more than enough for what I plan on doing.....and 3k is alot better than 4.5!! BTW...What do you like about the zerosports splitter as opposed to others? Does it work with any aftermarket TMIC? Does it actually seal to the tmic? Ive never seen it in person.

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
#38 Old 07-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Not a problem, thought that might be a little easier to handle financially, I know that I really enjoy the 5spd and the ratio isnt that bad either. Idk if there is really anything I like more about the zerosports splitter, just that the shop had one avaliable and it looks nice, lol. It has vents/louvres in it to help more in distrubiting the air evenly onto the IC also. And I also havent really seen many other options. I dont think that it actually seals to the IC either, if I get a chance I can get a picture of a friends STI, hes running one with his stock TMIC.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#39 Old 07-26-2009, 01:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah just by looking at it, I dont think it does either. But i wouldnt think it would be much better than a cut stock one if it doesnt completely seal. Maybe someone who has one can chime in. I suppose if it sealed to the IC it would have to be brand specific since TMICs vary in height.

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
#40 Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Like I said Im pretty sure it doesnt seal, but has the vents to help distribute the air better andmore evenly over the whole IC. I need to make my way over to the tuners again sometime next week willo try and snap a few pics for you and everyone to see.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#41 Old 07-27-2009, 01:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
ZeroSports 06-07 Intercooler Splitter, ZS-0306019, Subaru Impreza WRX ZeroSports 06-07 Intercooler Splitter

it looks like the spliter covers the IC more evenly and there is a small seem between it but its much better than stock
#42 Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 AM

Trust me its not going to cover neither the Spearco nor the TurboXS ICs. If I recal correctly it barely covers the STI IC, but it does help with smoother and better airflow with the scoop being in it. Plus like I mentioned before I also like the fact it doesnt look as cheap as the rubber that is on there stock. But still not sure if I will be getting one.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#43 Old 07-27-2009, 12:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
hey josh...any word on when the car will be back?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#44 Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Dude two weeks with out your car sucks I know Im in the same boat or worst I haven't had my car for a month and three days do to broke Trans but its all good all warrenty! I was looking at the zerosports splitter to keep us posted

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
#45 Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
lol...I was with out my car from last november to this Febuary...then it spun a bearing...and I just got it back at the end of june...thats why I thank the lord everyday for making evos as well...with out that idk what I would've done with no boost

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt