Just the beginning - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Im sure other people have used the blouch 20G with a stock uppipe. I don't c why they wouldn't stock some longer bolts in their parts inventory.

Oh well, an uppipe will help a bit with spool.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
These guys arent BS'ers. When I thought my turbo or rings were out, they did all the checks for nothing. They said the bolts wouldnt reach, and they couldnt get the stock ones out without damaging them. So they were putting in an aftermarket one. And for the extra wait should be getting the Zero sports TMIC splitter for nothing, so to me its a win-win situation.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#18 Old 07-11-2009, 01:43 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Alrite just jumped on here to check out some stuff, got the call from the tuner. Will let you guys know all the details when I return. Lets just hope nothing blows up.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm on the edge of my seat here. Can't wait to see the numbers.

BTW, I just added two high chairs. We're expecting twins in Oct. I had to use my car fund to get the wife a 09 Outback.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#20 Old 07-11-2009, 10:58 PM

Unhappy Guess What

Well after thinking everything was good to go and set up. I get over to the tuners, see some wonderful cars either coming off or waiting for the dyno. In between and before my session I even get a chance to chat with Tim Bailey;wonderful, intelligent, polite person that is wanting nothing but customer satisfaction. We strap the car on the dyno, run it a few times trying to work out just a base map to get a feel for the parts and the cars reaction. Well tehy find after the first run there is a problem with the wastegate, its too tight right from the get go. Two runs later, the hot sectoin seperates from the cold section. , now Im still without a car, and wondering if I need a new turbo or the shop can fix what I have. Plus I dont know if or when the car will be tuned now either. SBR and Blouch already have emails and voicemails waiting for them on monday, but the shop isnt open till tuesday. It was bad enough waiting for my car to just run again, now Im without it because it BROKE. I will share some pics and some of the runs I had.

**On the fifth run (which I didnt get to record) I hit 302 AWHP and 298 Ft/lbs of TQ at 14 PSI on a Mustang dyno. And I was the only WRX to be tuned, the rest were STIs.
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"

Last edited by newtothegame; 07-12-2009 at 12:04 AM.
#21 Old 07-11-2009, 11:02 PM

The videos

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 07-11-2009, 11:07 PM

Pics and Vids of some other cars

08 STI an awesome custom exhaust

The EVO X GSR is Cobbs car, that Tim is working on now. He also works for Cobb and in his words is :"Trey Cobb's b!tch." You guys with 08/09 APs, thank Tim for them he did them, the man can work magic.
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That's some pretty serious machinery there. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure it will all get worked out in the end. It's only metal...

Good luck, keep us posted.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#24 Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
awesome video....sorry to hear about your troubles... i hope all goes well....And Blk05Wrx congrats on the twins....kids are awesome..most of the time.
#25 Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 PM

Blk05WRX, congrats on the twins, and the addition of another subaru.

It is only metal, but if I have to get another turbo means Im without a car until then, which really sucks. It just sucks to know that Tim said he was really looking forward to tuning my car/setup, he said it was probably the best setup of the day. But I will keep everyone updated as the events unfold.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#26 Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Alrite just jumped on here to check out some stuff, got the call from the tuner. Will let you guys know all the details when I return. Lets just hope nothing blows up.
I sure hope you knocked on wood after saying that. You jinx machine. I'm sure it'll all get worked out. Like I told you before. Blouch takes care of their customers. I'd be surprised if they didn't compensate you something with a free rebuild. If it needs that.

How'd you get a picture of my car on a dyno in WA? Just kidding... I don't like the look of all that carbon fiber on that blue sti and the wing is kinda fugly. Nice pics and vids though. Hopefully we'll get a update on some good news here shortly. I guess you have to expect a bump in the road every now and then. Just sucks when it happens.
#27 Old 07-13-2009, 10:53 PM

Yeah the blue STI with the GT wing is crazy looking, but the guy that drives it is all into it. Has alot of JDM Blitz stuff he made work on his car (FMIC, turbo, and intake just to name a few).

Kirt knows the deal, but the update is that I will be sending the turbo back to Blouch (more than likely after talking to my tuner) and waiting for about a week on what they say.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#28 Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Josh, I still have the charger for sale... #'s will be close.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#29 Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Josh, I still have the charger for sale... #'s will be close.
Paul, thanks for the gesture, but I actually just shipped the turbo to Blouch today. Sounds like it should be covered under warranty, at least it better be. If not its back to the stocker with the other mods left on for now.

Heres what the turbo looks like now though. Enjoy:
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#30 Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Wow...the housing seperated and killed the wheel. I don't think you see that a lot. Hmm...Weird.