Just the beginning - Page 13 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#181 Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I have a Cobb DP (wont get rid of as it has my A/F in it now; and Im a Cobb whore, lol) with a Blitz Nur Spec-R CBE now.
wHAaa? Sorry, I just had to make sure I read that one right - didn't you used to have a Cobb cat back and advocate for quieter exhausts? Loud exhausts are so much more fun... welcome to the dark side

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Ahh you guys arent helping at all. I have a Cobb DP (wont get rid of as it has my A/F in it now; and Im a Cobb whore, lol) with a Blitz Nur Spec-R CBE now. I just dont see me picking up enough HP with just a 93OCT tune to get me into the 11's. So just trying to make sure that I use my money wisely. Thats whats got me thinking FMIC (I REALLY want to run the engine oil cooler, mounted where the TMIC goes eventually). Guess its just back to saving and researching some more, thanks guys.
Do an e85 tune Josh. 75/25 or 50/50 maybe. There are some good results out there on it. Not saying a full-time tune, maybe as a drag map only.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#183 Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Ok well my best with my 20G is around a 12.5, not sure of my 60', but I know they need/ed work. It was right after I got the car tuned and of course launching wasnt my strong point, lol. But I do have LC and FFS now, not sure if I want to always use them. Guess I just need to start practicing more until I break axles/wear out the clutch, upgrade and keep trying lol.

And Paul, honestly Im am still not sold on e85, and still dont trust it.

And yes John, I you read very correctly. Blitz is on the car. It still sits straight so I dont mind that look, and I had been looking for something louder (this suits me pretty well actually, I dont miss listening to the radio, lol). I still have my Cobb CBE in my garage (and a stocker), plus I got a still on the Blitz.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#184 Old 07-22-2012, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'll have a fresh set of numbers with my 20G in about two weeks and I'll be sure to post some info. It's funny you should mention upgrading those three specific parts because I believe they're the next limiting factors for me, power-wise.

If I were to swap my Turbo XS TMIC for a decent FMIC, ditch the modified stock headers for a set of equal length headers, and upgrade to an external wastegate, I'd surely pick up some decent power and probably be pretty close to maxing out the 20G. But after experiencing the financial shock of a transmission rebuild followed by a turbo upgrade and an engine rebuild, I'm just going to take it easy and enjoy what I have for a while.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#185 Old 07-22-2012, 05:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Thats my plan is try and maximize my turbo setup as is. Im still not sold an getting anything aftermarket header wise (aside from GS). But the research is going on now.

On a side note, got my rear sway bar installed (kind of). Hotchkis bar with whiteline endlinks. Was not fun, and Im still not satisfied with it. I will be going to the store to pick up some parts and try to modify what is already there in hopes I can get the setup to the desired configuration so I can be happy. It just seems that the Hotchkis hardware is not all inclusive like I thought. Should have it all sorted out in the next couple days.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#186 Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
le sigh...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#187 Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
le sigh...
Been listening to you too long Keith. I know my issues are NO where near yours. But my luck lately just has been pretty crappy. Guess its a good thing I am semi mechanically inclined. I will figure something out and make mine work. But will also give people the heads up they need if they consider these parts.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#188 Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
With a PPG trans and a 20g, tune it on 93 and you have a car that can run solid 11's. Just work on the driver mod, it's all about the launch.

-Chris
#189 Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
With a PPG trans and a 20g, tune it on 93 and you have a car that can run solid 11's. Just work on the driver mod, it's all about the launch.
Thats kind of what I figure Chris. But figured if I were going in for the tune also, might get a little more out of it. But also on a down side, if I change my setup, the maps I have for 92 and 91 OCT would be obsolete. It is kind of nice knowing I can go anywhere I want and not have to worry about what gas Im running as I have maps to cover them.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#190 Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
That has a familiar ring to it.....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#191 Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, I even got my EWG replumbed into my exhaust because I didn't want to hear a loud exhaust leak under my hood. Now, I just get the angry honey badger noises in my exhaust....not under my hood.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#192 Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM

Ok, well finally an update to everyone about my RSB. Got the extra washers trimmed (had to sand one side down so it was flat instead of round). It took the one per bolt it came with plus 2 more (so instead of using 4, you need 12) to get the right thickness and get everything tightened up properly. It wasnt bad before, but now that there is even less movement in the bar, the car handles amazingly. In matter of fact it has me turned on to just saving up for the struts/springs and possibly some more bracing or handling oriented mods. So to sum it up, the Hotchkis bar with whiteline endlinks is a nice setup, great step up from stock, but be prepared to think outside the box, or have to get some extra stuff for the proper fit and finish.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#193 Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Glad it fell into place, I would have just sent the EL's back.

Your patience > Mine

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#194 Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 AM

My patience was tried several times during the process Paul. And the endlinks werent really the problem. It was actually the piece that the bar goes thru, that attaches to the mount thats on the car. There was way too much play in it for it to be as effective as it should have been. But with some slight thinking, and some patience it did work out and I couldnt be happier.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"