Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Just the beginning (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/just-beginning-26615/)

newtothegame 07-08-2009 09:50 PM

Just the beginning

1 Attachment(s)
So I went and took pics of the parts that will be getting installed in my 2007 WRX tomorrow, and then Satruday will being going to PIA (Pacific Import Auto) to get tuned on their Mustang Dyno by Tim Bailey. nIm really hoping to get both a low and high boost map, but be using mostly the low boost till the engine and transmission are built. And hopefully in about 8-9 months have more updates on the car as it continues to be built up.

The parts are 850cc deatchwerks injectors, warlboro fuel pump, turboXS TIMIC, Blouch TDO5-20G, and Perrin BPV.

turmic 07-08-2009 10:10 PM

Nice. Are you installing that highchair too? ROFL Just kidding. It should be nice man. Enjoy it and baby the trans. !Thumbs Up

newtothegame 07-08-2009 10:18 PM

ROFLHaha Thats better than meth injection man, you didnt know?:shhh: But any "hard" pulls will be in 3rd and 4th if any, I really know that this can make or break me right now.

Chase 07-09-2009 12:02 AM

Start a tranny fund ;) That picture makes me want to cry... Beautiful

man show 07-09-2009 09:22 AM

I'm happy for you. It looks like your TMIC is happy too - it's wearing a little red condom! ROFL

newtothegame 07-09-2009 12:51 PM

Chase, I know all about the tranny "issue". I have money already set back for an engine build and tranny build. When the deployment comes, its pretty much paid for. All courtesy of 555 motorsports and DS1 Motors.

I actually just dropped off the car. I should be getting 4 maps. One for the max of the turbo, and the rest stepping down in increments of ~2PSI. Tim is coming in tomorrow, I might be able to get the car back late tomorrow. I will surely keep everyone posted.

baller_v24 07-09-2009 01:28 PM

Nice what BCS are you going with? Are u keeping the stocker?

newtothegame 07-09-2009 06:16 PM

The shop has/makes one very similar to the Perrin 3 port BCS for about $30 cheaper, its on the list and was waiting when I got the shop actually. Took the parts in, he put it with the box, and took the guys. So now Im just sitting here waiting here waiting for a call to see if we tune tomorrow or saturday.

booosted09 07-09-2009 06:47 PM

i'm excited for you...cant wait to see some numbers, i wish i had a table full of goodies....i just have 2 high chairs :)

newtothegame 07-09-2009 09:44 PM

Well Im at this point with the car, so Im sure you eventually can also, because come october I will also have two high chairs lol. This was 3 years inthe making, reading, studying, and of course after this Im still not done. Its endless.

newtothegame 07-10-2009 01:46 PM

Quick update

Just got a call from the shop. Have to get a new up pipe because the flange on the turbo is too thick to use with the stock one, so I will be adding yet another part to the list. Maybe will help with spool and everything, who knows.

But the good news is Im getting the car put on the rollers around 7pm tonite. Might be a bit of a late nite, but will be well worth it. As soon as Im home and everything is done, I will be sure to post and share my results with everyone.

booosted09 07-10-2009 04:34 PM

[quote=newtothegame;226306]Just got a call from the shop. Have to get a new up pipe because the flange on the turbo is too thick to use with the stock one, so I will be adding yet another part to the list. Maybe will help with spool and everything, who knows.

But the good news is Im getting the car put on the rollers around 7pm tonite. Might be a bit of a late nite, but will be well worth it. As soon as Im home and everything is done, I will be sure to post and share my results with everyone.[/quote]

let us know how it turns out....i'm sure alot of people will be up late ;)

newtothegame 07-10-2009 06:37 PM

Alrite, well its a no go for tonite actually and unfortunately. Tim hasnt left Oregon, got caught up in some work down there. I think they are trying to tjust build the suspense some.

turmic 07-10-2009 10:11 PM

Boo...but, there is always tomorrow. Weird that they said the stock uppipe can't be used because of a thick flange? Hmm...whats the difference in the aftermarket uppipe? Thicker piece that mounts to the turbo? Trying to figure that one out.

newtothegame 07-10-2009 10:28 PM

[quote=turmic;226333]Boo...but, there is always tomorrow. Weird that they said the stock uppipe can't be used because of a thick flange? Hmm...whats the difference in the aftermarket uppipe? Thicker piece that mounts to the turbo? Trying to figure that one out.[/quote]

They said the bolts on the stocker where too short and wouldnt bolt into the turbo. And that there was no way to make it work. So idk what type Im getting they were busy preppng other cars for tomorrow. Im hoping and guessing it might help with spool some, that is if its bigger in diameter. These guys are pretty good and wont recommend a part unless its absolutely needed. Guess I will find out some time tomorrow. I am just waiting for a call and I will go over in the other WRX and get it put on the dyno and go from there.