Jobs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Moe
Jobs

What job's do you guys think would be good for someone like me who is still in Highschool cause im going to apply at jobs today. Cause I want to start saving for my WRX before I go back to school next year after the summer and it's going to be my last year of school cant wait...Any suggestions. I was thinking of working at best buy selling cd players speakers work at electronics but im not sure any feedback would be great.

- Thanks mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2006, 11:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Well since you don't want grades to suffer, you'll want to find something that won't interfere too much. In high school I worked at a fast food restraunt for a while. It sucked, but what are you going to do? !Laugh!

Anyways, the job at Best Buy sounds like a good idea because you can always pick up someone elses hours on the weekend if they don't want to work.

More money.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#3 Old 02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

dlh1999 is an unknown
Honestly, you'd probably have good luck doing something around labor (landscaping, warehouse labor, etc)....it's sometimes hard work, but if you land the right kind of job, the potential of making decent money is up there. Plus, jobs like that don't require any kind of job experience or a certain education level.
#4 Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh1999
Honestly, you'd probably have good luck doing something around labor (landscaping, warehouse labor, etc)....it's sometimes hard work, but if you land the right kind of job, the potential of making decent money is up there. Plus, jobs like that don't require any kind of job experience or a certain education level.

+1 on that...

find some butcher shop that needs a cleanup boy too, i made almost 15/hr doing that.
but whose to say it will be the same out there.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#5 Old 02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Yea im going to go after school today to best buy circuit city and all that and I have two study halls everyday this semester one 1st period before the school day starts and one 5th period so ill be good with grades just need some cash so I can buy a WRX after summer break before I go back to school next year witch will be my last year at highschool. Any more suggestions?

- Mark
#6 Old 02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
+ If I work at bestbuy or circuit city I get an employee discount so I can get things for my car ( Whenever I get the car ) i can get them for cheap like cd players cd's mp3 players etc.. So thats another +
#7 Old 02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

fast_dak is an unknown
I'm more interested how you're going to be able to afford the insurance on the WRX :eek: My first car was an '81 datsun 210 station wagon (14 yrs old at that time), and even with liability only, and the largest possible deductable, with a good insurance company, it still would have been $200/month, if not more. My dad had to be the primary driver (and he really was! I got the car on the weekend, drove it 2-3 times a week to school, otherwise, he drove me to school, and it gave him a 2nd car). Even now, at 29, the WRX looks to run me over $100/month (full coverage).
#8 Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
When the time comes im going to talk to my parents my mom and dad and im going to see if they can pay for half of the insurance and I pay the other half for Insurance it's going to be high for me anyway cause im going to be a new driver and all that. And I allready talked to my mom about getting a WRX and shes fine with it she know's it's turbod and all that.
#9 Old 02-09-2006, 01:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

poser is an unknown
a grocery store is also a good place to work. down here we have a chain called HEB. I got a job there in high school and found out there was one in the town I went to college in, all I had to do was apply for a transfer and I always had a job, during the semester and on breaks [summer, christmas] they let me transfer back and forth.
some friends that worked there even got scholarships from them to pay for school.
#10 Old 02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poser
a grocery store is also a good place to work. down here we have a chain called HEB. I got a job there in high school and found out there was one in the town I went to college in, all I had to do was apply for a transfer and I always had a job, during the semester and on breaks [summer, christmas] they let me transfer back and forth.
some friends that worked there even got scholarships from them to pay for school.

yeah grocery stores pay pretty decently too.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#11 Old 02-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
What about a waiter at a Chili's or some popular resturant like that? They make pretty good money with tips and all.

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#12 Old 02-11-2006, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
Go become a lifeguard. I did that all through high school, and it was awesome. You make good money and just sit on your ass. Once in a while you get to save someone, and that is a cool feeling. I guess I liked it so much I turned it into a career.
#13 Old 02-11-2006, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy15u
Go become a lifeguard. I did that all through high school, and it was awesome. You make good money and just sit on your ass. Once in a while you get to save someone, and that is a cool feeling. I guess I liked it so much I turned it into a career.

then he can become a coastguard guy out there on some lake...

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#14 Old 02-11-2006, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

poser is an unknown
probably the coolest part time job I ever had was valet parking.
god tips and you get to drive all kinds of cool cars, and I'm sorry to say I drove the fast ones VERY hard.
That job is when I fell in love with the impreza and then the WRX.
You could really get a feel of what kind of car you want, its like test driving for a living.
#15 Old 02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
i have an interview for BP monday. best part, its in walking distance.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'