Internet fraud getting creative - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-27-2003, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Internet fraud getting creative

Here's something for everyone to laugh at. As a side note, I owe no money to anyone, and have been contacted by no one, so at first thought someone had the wrong person, then I read the bit about paying even if you disagree and the insulting, childish manner of it and realized it's a simple fraud. I'll try to copy it straight from the email but it has HTML formatting I don't want to try and repeat...so here's the text:

ACS INTERNATIONAL COLLECTION SERVICES
DEMAND LETTER
This notice is a formal demand for payment._ You owe the amount shown below and have failed to pay after repeated attempts to negotiate a settlement._ In addition, your vicious attitude and irrationally abusive behavior toward the employees of this company is proof enough that you have no intentions of paying._ Therefore, you must pay the sums shown below within 24 hour of receipt or we will start immediate action against you._ We will report you to all credit agencies and take any legal action necessary to assert the rights of collection we have.

BE FOREWARNED:_ THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER._ FAILURE TO PAY WILL RESULT IN UNFORTUNATE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU.
_

If you respond by 3 PM Pacific Time, you may pay the settlement amount of $837.__ HOWEVER, if you fail to make payment, the full amount of $2,790 will be immediately due and actions against you will commence.

TO MAKE PAYMENT, IMMEDIATELY FAX A SIGNED CHECK FOR THE PROPER AMOUNT TO 909-694-4300._ BE SURE TO INCLUDE A COVER SHEET WITH YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, HOME ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER.

IF YOU WISH TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD, FAX A PAGE WITH THE HOLDER'S NAME, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, CARD TYPE, EXPIRATION DATE, SECURITY CODE, and BILLING ADDRESS TO 909-694-4300._ BE SURE TO INCLUDE A COVER SHEET WITH YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, HOME ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER.

This is your last and final warning._ Make payment or proceedings will begin!

If you disagree with this notice, then make payment anyway to stop all proceedings against you._ Then provide us with the proof you do not owe this money._ Frankly, after all the time spent in discussions with you and the numerous settlement offers we have made, you are quite fortunate to have even this chance._ So, we highly recommend you take it.

Collection Services Provided by:
ACS INTERNATIONAL
41743 Enterprise Circle North
Suite 204
Temecula, CA 92590-5625

Phone
800-305-9561
909-694-9394

FAX_____
909-694-4300
_
COPYRIGHT © 2003 ACS INTERNATIONAL COLLECTORS, INC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-27-2003, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Let them come to your door if theres a problem
post #3 of 14 Old 09-27-2003, 04:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
LMAO

Mike
post #4 of 14 Old 09-28-2003, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The header on the email lists it as To: "Owner"

The dude doesn't even know my name.

RN
post #5 of 14 Old 10-13-2003, 11:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

CADesigns is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CADesigns
It would be very funny if you faxed him something that just said "Kiss my ass." Or another funny remark. That or you should email him back sounding all concerned and stuff. That or I'm just stupid.

the best way to predict the future is to create it.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-13-2003, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by CADesigns
It would be very funny if you faxed him something that just said "Kiss my ass." Or another funny remark. That or you should email him back sounding all concerned and stuff. That or I'm just stupid.
I sent an email asking what they thought they were doing and got no response. I'm tempted to fax a copy of my ass to them and see how they like being played with.

RN
post #7 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

CADesigns is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CADesigns
lol

the best way to predict the future is to create it.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-21-2003, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlownFlat4 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BlownFlat4
i would so fax them something, actually, i think i will!

Shaune
post #9 of 14 Old 11-04-2003, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Narrus is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Narrus
Watch, you fax your ass and then they sue you for sexual harassment. Talk about Irony!
post #10 of 14 Old 11-04-2003, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by Narrus
Watch, you fax your ass and then they sue you for sexual harassment. Talk about Irony!
After the latest incident with some local kids (I'm told they were trying to jack my car), plus all else (especially ImprezaFest), I've basically forgotten about this, though they still haven't even acknowledged I exist.

RN
post #11 of 14 Old 11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Narrus is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Narrus
what happened with Imprezafest? Have we stalled a bit?

[/hijacking]
post #12 of 14 Old 11-04-2003, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by Narrus
what happened with Imprezafest? Have we stalled a bit?

[/hijacking]
Not sure but it occupied my mind a bit more prominently than faxing my ass to someone I don't know.

RN
post #13 of 14 Old 11-10-2003, 12:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

RexRckt is an unknown
Careful about faxing; you could be faxing to a number somewhere in the Bahamas or some similar island and paying about $2,000 a minute. Some countries do not have international agreements with the US so if it happens to you, you're pretty much screwd.

D
post #14 of 14 Old 11-10-2003, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by RexRckt
Careful about faxing; you could be faxing to a number somewhere in the Bahamas or some similar island and paying about $2,000 a minute. Some countries do not have international agreements with the US so if it happens to you, you're pretty much screwd.

D
The number is in California.

RN