Intelligence conversations. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-16-2011, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Intelligence conversations.

anyone else love this stuff??????? "its mind bottling, you know, like your minds trapped in a bottle!"

"What we are"- Comparison of our Earth, Sun and others in size! - YouTube

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2011, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
now I really feel small...

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
#3 Old 12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

our sun will end its life as a white dwarf star. it will be the size of our planet but it will be extremely dense. so dense that if you took a sugar cube size of it and dropped it on earth it would pass all the way through and out the other side. thats heavy!

#4 Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456 View Post
now I really feel small...
lol tell me bout it. our milky way is a little over 100,000 light years across. so moving at 670,616,700 MPH it would take you 100,000 years to cross it. we are 1 of a billion galaxies...

#5 Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
lol tell me bout it. our milky way is a little over 100,000 light years across. so moving at 670,616,700 MPH it would take you 100,000 years to cross it. we are 1 of a billion galaxies...
Even if you could travel at the speed of light things would be different once you reached your destination. Most people don't realize that the stars you see in the sky are where they were many 100's of thousands of years ago. Some may have already gone the way of super nova or expansion into a red giant, much like our own sun will do before it shrinks to a dwarf. Also you have to deal with different types of pitfalls in the universe, dark matter, anti matter(if it really exists), black holes and since we don't really know what all is really out there, you could run into all sorts of crazy wing dings...
You should also read this to understand travel at light speed as well and what I mean by things are different once you reach your destination...
Twin paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 12-17-2011, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
The whole traveling faster than light speed and ageing slower and space going on FOREVER, and black holes and quantum mechanics, really hard to grasp sometimes.. Who wants to play a simple game of rock, paper, scissors or something? To much deep thought makes my head hurt!! I actually just posted here because I wanted my name to appear on a thread titled "Intelligence conversations".

EDIT: All of this is alot easier to understand than the new Playstation Home games and whatever a Push notification is on my Ipod.?...Geez i need to stick to my original NES games.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
#7 Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

lol nice!

psinuse, yeah i know all that. i think it'd be crazy to be flying toward a star and if it blew up millions of years ago and all of a sudden its gone since only its light remains. i'd be like hmmm where did it go? and if you backed up a few light years you'd see it again.

#8 Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
What gets me is that backing up a few light years, you'd still not see that star anymore, because the light would be traveling at the same speed as you and therefore you'd never actually see it again because that star is no longer emitting light. If that makes sense???
As far as space going on forever, I am with the belief that we are just one of many universes, or multi-verses is you will. We exist on different planes and that black holes are the way to actually travel from one universe to the next. The actual quantum mechanics and theories are pretty much null and void once you enter a black hole. I could go on about the expansion of the universe and how most theorists are saying that our known universe is starting to slow down and gravity is actually causing it to contract. Man I love talking space and theories of how the universe came to be and all the little crazy things that are in it.

1. 2. 3. Rock!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#9 Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
How about that Kepler-22b. I think thats where my evil twin lives. And they thought I was crazy when I talked about my abductions! If there is life on other planets, we better hope that they are nice, because they are probably much smarter than us if they are in the UFOs people see. What if they are already here in the form of what people call "ghost"?

06 STI
#10 Old 12-18-2011, 11:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
that just blew my mind.....awesome stuff.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#11 Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456 View Post
How about that Kepler-22b. I think thats where my evil twin lives. And they thought I was crazy when I talked about my abductions! If there is life on other planets, we better hope that they are nice, because they are probably much smarter than us if they are in the UFOs people see. What if they are already here in the form of what people call "ghost"?
For them to have reached us puts them many 100's of years more advanced than us. I believe we have reached the end of our technology advances for a few decades. Unless we really start researching other means we will be stuck traveling only as far as the moon and back. I doubt we even make it to Mars without a few failures. Heck look at the Mars R.O.V.E.R. project, notice how you really don't hear anything about it anymore. They say it's because we gave up on it because of some error that could have been fixed here on Earth. Knowing that would you wanna be the one to travel to Mars???? In my eyes we as humans have really stopped evolving ourselves anymore technology wise.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#12 Old 12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Last I heard of mars was the rovers made it like 10 times longer than there expected life cycle. Got some good info and all but what info is there really. It's a dead red planet we already new stuff about.

What blows my mind is that we could make mars have an atmospher one day. If we put enough factory's pumping out CO2 and all and then plants that use the CO2 which then make oxygen, we could live there. It'd be pretty cold but an awesome idea. Would take many many years though!

Living there would be hard though. Mars has no moon so instead of it rotating on an axis and around in a perfect circle like the earth which is all because of our moon, mars flits, twists, up, down, etc etc. so like one month summer, next winter, next winter but you're south poll and not the north poll and on and on.

#13 Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Psinuse you really think we're limited? I mean 100 years ago we had nothing! No cars really, no tv, microwave, iPhones, air planes, radar, missiles, I mean nothing! In only 100 years we have some insane stuff. I'd love to see 100 years from now. We will probably kill ourselves and won't be here but the idea and probability is insane for what we'll have!

#14 Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yes I do think we are limited. We only use a small percentage of our total brain's ability, some even less, but I digress. Think of it this way, take away your I-phone, car, PC all that. Strip you down to nothing more than what you are wearing. How much different would your life really be? Sure we have a few more gadgets to make us happy, but are we really improving ourselves over all? The answer is no. Sure we can make a car faster, or give a PC more features, but really that isn't inventing anything new we are simply adding to something already existing. To be honest I think humans have really stopped evolving for the most part because we have taking away the need to. We aren't the same primitive people we were 250,000 years ago, where if you didn't evolve you died out. We had a need to, a reason to evolve, now we just want a damn camera in our white I-phone. I have a feeling the next 100 years will be very disappointing as far as improvements in stuff. Look at the middle ages, yeah they invented some things here and there, but for the most part they just improved on what they already knew, therefor taking away the need to evolve and get smarter. I mean we still don't know for sure how the pyramids were build or what happened to the Maya's or Incas. We can guess, but really know for sure. I think in reality we need to step back and really look at where we are headed and where we've been, because we just aren't doing ourselves much good.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#15 Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Last I heard of mars was the rovers made it like 10 times longer than there expected life cycle. Got some good info and all but what info is there really. It's a dead red planet we already new stuff about.

What blows my mind is that we could make mars have an atmospher one day. If we put enough factory's pumping out CO2 and all and then plants that use the CO2 which then make oxygen, we could live there. It'd be pretty cold but an awesome idea. Would take many many years though!

Living there would be hard though. Mars has no moon so instead of it rotating on an axis and around in a perfect circle like the earth which is all because of our moon, mars flits, twists, up, down, etc etc. so like one month summer, next winter, next winter but you're south poll and not the north poll and on and on.
Really? Any fan of the computer game Doom knows that Mars has two moons. Phobos and Deimos. Just in case you need nasa to also tell you the same thing. Solar System Exploration: Planets: Mars: Moons

Granted Mars moons are the smallest moons in our solar system and they are the closest (distance wise) moons to orbit a planet. But, mars still has moons.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae