I came out of black Friday victorious, how'd you do? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I came out of black Friday victorious, how'd you do?

So we left Barbados (anniversary trip) at 5 am Thursday morning, traveled for 21 hours, over three flights, landed in Portland at 9:30 pm(gained 4 hours) , changed and went immediately Black Friday shopping. Needless to say I'm tired now.

So technically I don't have the car yet (8 days away!) but I had to take advantage of the sales, more so just to hold me over than anything, it was a decent deal, not amazing.

The deck has pandora integration, Bluetooth, and a rear ipod hookup so I can remake my dock again. I was surprised how many deck only have front ipod jacks now, like anyone wants cords strung across their car after buying a brand new stereo? Also a nice set of Focal mid range bass speakers and tweeters for the front, and speaker/tweeter combos for the rear. I didn't really want to put in a sub in the wagon. My wife has had Focal's in her neon for years, they are absolutely phenomenal sounding without a sub and I've tried to steal them but that's the one thing she likes about the car, lol.

They tried to get me to get the most expensive deck, dynamatting, amps and installation along with it. $1900 is what it came up to. I figured if I can't install speakers at this point, I don't belong here lol. I got it down to just over $600, so I cut out $1300 of fluff.

Other than that I got some DVD's, espresso maker, and a Kindle for the wife. You guys brave the crowds and snag anything good?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I paid $30 for $60 replacement Muteki lug nuts. That's my big purchase. Hah.

Paid $7 for a game on Steam and $50 for a $100 coat for my gf.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
^Good deals. I drove through wal mart parking lot on patrol last night. Thats as close as i wanted to be to the crowds. Parking lot full at 10pm and completely empty at 3 am. Looks like we avoided the problems some wal marts had. Id rather pay full price than sit in line for 12 hours with 100s of people to save $50. but thats just me...

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Those are nice lugs, never seen them before, I'll keep them in mind.

I guess someone got stabbed at my walmart...with a pen? I heard someone talking about it, need to check into it. Either way, I stay away from that store year round lol, for so many reasons.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Worked...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I also worked and saw that some dumb woman pepper sprayed people at a wal-mart on the today show this morning before I left for work. I hate crowds and stupidty is rampent in a crowded environment. I don't think I could stay up that late sober to save a few bucks.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae