How your local subaru scene?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
How your local subaru scene??

So ive been part of the suby world for about a month now and im loving it.. Ive never yet had a vehicle that whenever i see another theres always someone waving or just start talking to you.. Almost every other day i get into a conversation at lights, gas stations even had someone in another suby follow me to the food store the other day just to say whatsup lol.. Does this happen to anyone else or just me?? I think its pretty damn cool just had to throw this out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well here in Portland I'd venture to say it's one of the biggest Subaru scenes. They are absolutely everywhere. I kind of keep to myself, just wrench on my cars with my close friends but there are plenty of meets to head to if you wanted to. I'm definitely planning on it for this spring. My cars have always been my hobby and I want to start putting them to use - Rally X, track nights, meets etc. Feels like I've always had a plethora of nice guns I only ever dry fire lol.

But I think I am that guy you described who goes out of his way to talk to other owners lol. I've had it happen to me a couple times and always get the fellow waves.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#3 Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well, here, your looking at the Subaru scene. I'm it for at least 60miles or so. There are a few guys with them locally, but they are guys that I don't associate with due to lack of maturity and the whole F&F thing still being popular here...God this place sucks.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Well here in Portland I'd venture to say it's one of the biggest Subaru scenes. They are absolutely everywhere. I kind of keep to myself, just wrench on my cars with my close friends but there are plenty of meets to head to if you wanted to. I'm definitely planning on it for this spring. My cars have always been my hobby and I want to start putting them to use - Rally X, track nights, meets etc. Feels like I've always had a plethora of nice guns I only ever dry fire lol.

But I think I am that guy you described who goes out of his way to talk to other owners lol. I've had it happen to me a couple times and always get the fellow waves.
Vancouver /= Portland! haha (I had to do it), my brother is from Portland and he tells me about the Washingtoners all the time, I did almost move there this year for a Software designing position though. Here in Colorado I see Subaru's about every 3rd car or so, lots of em. And yeah, it is a very unique "club" to belong to, usually great guys who just love the cars and not so much into "mine is bigger", great branding.
#5 Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
Yeah i do like how no ones tries rubbing in theres has so much more done... Mine has nothing done exterior wise besides debagged still sitting on some ugly ass stock rims for now. Yet nothing but dude your cars so sick and i even had a guy take a pic of my car and his car together cus hes never seen my color in person.. psinuse know what im talking about with the color
#6 Old 11-17-2011, 03:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Here in Kansas it blows. Nothing like what it was when i was in Tacoma Washington. What makes it worse is the military. Alot of the ones here think they are the sh!t cause they have a fart can on it. From doing talking to some of the few that talk, and talking to others guys with modified EVOs, SRTs, etc, Im on of the most modified subies around post.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
TONS of subies out here in Mass. I don't really hang around with many clubs. My friends are car guys...one has a 230whp RSX and my other friend has a twin turbo A6.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#8 Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinterbower View Post
Vancouver /= Portland! haha (I had to do it)
Lol, ya I don't even think about it anymore when I'm talking to people not from the area, I just say Portland. Otherwise if I say Vancouver, I get like Canadian jokes and stuff. Then I have to explain I am five minutes North of Portland. So...Portland it is. Plus I do everything but sleep there, Southern Washington's industry is Portland lol.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon