How did u start ## sat Yay another ticket - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
my friend got a ticket just last week for traveling the same road to many times,but all she was doing was taking her husband to work and coming back home. the cop spotted her twice,coming and going. the cop gave her a ticket.i know this sounds like bullsh*t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
the "no cruising" law...very convenient for revenue generating these days.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#18 Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
i got a $300 ticket for doing 59 in a 25.....good thing my buddy is a cop in the same town I got the ticket so I got it taken care of best of luck with your ticket.
#19 Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

blazinbret is an unknown
I got one Saturday in Co and its a must appaer in court for acting in an acceleration contest witch was bull cause car next to me locked his brake up and skided and cop stopped me. Think it cause I was winning.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.com App
#20 Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
the "no cruising" law...very convenient for revenue generating these days.
I have NEVER heard of this "law".... That's laughable.... I'd love to take this to court.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#21 Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
I mean im going to court to plea for some points off ( i know the magistrate). Im not going to say im innocent of speeding, clearly i was cruising 17.1 over lol. Im just lucky dude was cool it coulda been worse
#22 Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
I have NEVER heard of this "law".... That's laughable.... I'd love to take this to court.
Some municipalities in S. Ca have this type of law on the books...legit and enforceable.

Here is the Los Angeles Municipal Code version:

SEC. 80.36.10. CRUISING PROHIBITED.

(Amended by Ord. No. 171,574, 5/1/97.)

(a) The ranking peace officer on duty within any area affected by traffic congestion may, having determined that such area is so affected, establish one or more traffic control points at or near such area to regulate cruising. Cruising is defined to mean the driving of a motor vehicle two or more times within a six-hour period, in a particular direction, past a traffic control point so established on a portion of any street identified as subject to cruising controls by signs posted at the beginning and end of the controlled roadway that briefly and clearly state the appropriate provisions of this section and Section 21100(k) of the Vehicle Code, and after the operator of the vehicle, either as the operator or passenger therein, has been given the notice specified in this section. The ranking peace officer on duty within, or near, the area affected by traffic congestion, or his designee, shall be empowered to post the signs required by this section.

(b) Any person, who, as the operator of, or a passenger in, a motor vehicle driven bin a particular direction, past any traffic control point established by the ranking peace officer on duty within the affected area, on a portion of any street identified as subject to cruising controls as specified in Subsection (a), may be given written notice that further driving past the control point, in violation of Subsection (c), hereof, will be a violation of this section.

(c) No person, having driven a motor vehicle, or, having been a passenger in a motor vehicle driven, past a traffic control point established pursuant to this section and having received written notice that further driving past the traffic control point will constitute a violation of this section, shall drive past the control point within the period while cruising controls are in effect. Each successive trip past the traffic control point shall constitute a separate violation of this section, and no additional notice shall be required prior to issuance of a second or subsequent citation, or arrest.

Matt
#23 Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So what if you leave for work, get two minutes down the road and feel a turd coming on (its happened to all of us)
forget your wallet and go back for it
forgot your time card and go back for it
forgot your wife and go back for it
so on and so forth???

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#24 Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Exactly... Fightable in court.

^^Thanks for the lulz

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#25 Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
well, I understand Blaze's logic, but this sort of law would be silly to enforce during commuting hours (in Los Angeles) in my opinion. I suppose this sort of law is on the books (in Los Angeles) because the prosecution (re: police) has not fared well in prior court cases with people who have had the same passion for fighting things in court. I agree that it is laughable, however, the law exists (in LA city proper) and can be used as a basis to set up checkpoints (only in designated spots clearly marked with the appropriate signage).

I think that Rex's friend's situation was probably more subjective (by the law enforcement officer) in nature than what I have posted, which is why I thought of revenue generation as an underlying motive. But then again, it's just speculation on my part.

...BTW I like how "it" is used to reference one's wife.

Matt
#26 Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
^ We have that same law in Annapolis, I've been ticketed for cruising taking one of our race cars down to the gas station and back

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#27 Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

What a joke. Seriously, and ppl wonder why everyone is moving away from Cali

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#28 Old 03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I got busted this morning on the way to work. I had an open road in front of me at a stop light and nailed it through 3rd gear, then realized a cop was behind me. Oops. 65 in a 45.

He accused me of racing and told me I need to do stuff like that on closed roads. He also gave me a ticket for no insurance b/c my card was out of date. I need to call my insurance and ask why they didn't send me new cards.

I would say that I'm due since my last ticket was 15 years ago. I'm just glad I didn't have an STi or my old Mustang b/c it would have been 100 in a 45. :-)

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#29 Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
I got busted this morning on the way to work. I had an open road in front of me at a stop light and nailed it through 3rd gear, then realized a cop was behind me. Oops. 65 in a 45.

He accused me of racing and told me I need to do stuff like that on closed roads. He also gave me a ticket for no insurance b/c my card was out of date. I need to call my insurance and ask why they didn't send me new cards.

I would say that I'm due since my last ticket was 15 years ago. I'm just glad I didn't have an STi or my old Mustang b/c it would have been 100 in a 45. :-)
Lol good one there. How much they whack u for?? U werent speeding u were accelerating at a high rate lol
#30 Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post

I got my license 15 years ago last month.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew